Help from multiple Home resort owners-how to set up on-line acct?

iwannbindisnee

DIS Veteran
Hello all... My DD & I just purchased a small contract (50 pts) thru resale & I have the CLub ID # & Activation code. My DH & I have been DVC owners for 7 years. I already have an on-line account for that contract bought directly thru Disney. I am trying to set up a new account on-line, for this new contract. I was under the impression, I had to set up a separate one, since the names on the deed are different for the two contracts.
My daughter uses email very infrequently, so I wanted to set up the new account using my email, but when I put that in, it says I already have an account... So, some questions:
1) Can I have my contract with DH & I & the separate contract with my DD & I, set up under the same ON-LINE account? The contracts have same UY, but are for different home resorts.
2) If I cannot do #1, can I set up a different on-line account using my email? Do I input her name & DOB instead of mine? (Since I already tried & it wouldn't let me use my name & DOB.
Some info--I am the planner & right now, I will be planning the trips for the next several trips in the next few years. Eventually, my DD will have control over these points & the planning, should she want them. T
3) If I run into problems, is there a phone number for help in setting up an online account under these circumstances...
Thanks for any suggestions. Debbie

There's a new option on the member website to add a new membership number. You see it when you click on My DVC Membership. I don't know exactly what it does but it might help you. Otherwise there is an option when you call in for technical assistance or MS should be able to transfer you to whomever could assist you.

1) Can I have my contract with DH & I & the separate contract with my DD & I, set up under the same ON-LINE account? The contracts have same UY, but are for different home resorts.
2) If I cannot do #1, can I set up a different on-line account using my email? Do I input her name & DOB instead of mine? (Since I already tried & it wouldn't let me use my name & DOB.
Some info--I am the planner & right now, I will be planning the trips for the next several trips in the next few years. Eventually, my DD will have control over these points & the planning, should she want them. T
3) If I run into problems, is there a phone number for help in setting up an online account under these circumstances...
Thanks for any suggestions. Debbie

1. No, you can not use one e-mail address for multiple DVC accounts/logins. I have two contacts one DW & I the other DW, DDs, and myself; since they are different contract numbers you must have different logins to the DVC site to access those points to make reservations.
2. No, it must be a different e-mail account and/or login id to the DVC member website.
3. Try calling DVC to "see" if anything new has been added. I just checked two weeks ago and there was new option.

1. No, you can not use one e-mail address for multiple DVC accounts/logins. I have two contacts one DW & I the other DW, DDs, and myself; since they are different contract numbers you must have different logins to the DVC site to access those points to make reservations.
2. No, it must be a different e-mail account and/or login id to the DVC member website.
3. Try calling DVC to "see" if anything new has been added. I just checked two weeks ago and there was new option.
You can, I do it all the time (different home resort, different owner list, different UY). The question is whether a new member can be set up this way and the latest I heard seemed to suggest it wasn't working that way currently. So yes it can be done, whether they will or it's doable with the online options is the question.

You can, I do it all the time (different home resort, different owner list, different UY). The question is whether a new member can be set up this way and the latest I heard seemed to suggest it wasn't working that way currently. So yes it can be done, whether they will or it's doable with the online options is the question.

I'm confused, what do you do all the time? Set up new contracts with (different home resort, different owner list, different UY) in your existing DVC online account? I also bought a resale last year and was told by MS (I know that does not make it so) that since I added my DD to the new contract I could not include that contract on my existing DVC online account, which is a pain. I did see where there is the option to add another contract (as KAT4DISNEY mentioned) so I might give them a call (to see if that is an option now and if so to get the required activation number). TIA

I'm confused, what do you do all the time? Set up new contracts with (different home resort, different owner list, different UY) in your existing DVC online account? I also bought a resale last year and was told by MS (I know that does not make it so) that since I added my DD to the new contract I could not include that contract on my existing DVC online account, which is a pain. I did see where there is the option to add another contract (as KAT4DISNEY mentioned) so I might give them a call (to see if that is an option now and if so to get the required activation number). TIA
Sign on with one sign on accessing multiple contracts.

Sign on with one sign on accessing multiple contracts.

And the contracts have different owners? I will try again to get the resale added. I have multiple contracts (that were all purchased through DVC) on my existing online DVC account but was not successful in getting the resale added. MS indicated that it couldn't be done because my DD is on the resale but not the others. Thanks, appreciate your input

And the contracts have different owners? I will try again to get the resale added. I have multiple contracts (that were all purchased through DVC) on my existing online DVC account but was not successful in getting the resale added. MS indicated that it couldn't be done because my DD is on the resale but not the others. Thanks, appreciate your input
They are different owners listed, my daughter is on one of the masters (4 contracts) but not the other. She wasn't initially but was added later though I did have a master contract that was always different and was listed as well. It's also interesting that for the other contract I no longer have, my wife received a membership card even though she wasn't on that deed. I think you're experience is c/w what's been posted the last couple of years but there's no rule that creates this limitation. I suspect this is related to one of the computer "upgrades".

We have seven contracts. Five of them are in mine and hubby's name, and two are just in mine. The ones that are just mine are accessible through my regular login, are a different UY from the others, are different home resorts, show up as a drop down option, and don't appear in any way different from those that have both of our names on the deed.

As an FYI to everyone here who posted... I successfully added my new resale contract to my existing dvcmember.com account signon. The new contract has my DD & I, the existing contract has my DH & I. I was given the info from MS & then chose the "add a contract" button on my existing account.

Great, thanks for the updated! It will definitely help to have the info all in one place.

I was told that officially due to security restrictions logins are separate for separate people. If mom, dad and daughter are on one contract, they can all login to that contract. If mom and dad are on another contract that requires a different login so that the daughter can't access it.

I was told that officially due to security restrictions logins are separate for separate people. If mom, dad and daughter are on one contract, they can all login to that contract. If mom and dad are on another contract that requires a different login so that the daughter can't access it.
When my daughter logs in to her sign on, she sees only the contract she's on. So I don't think the security issue is the reason for any limitation.

Do those of you who have multiple memberships (i.e. multiple Use Years) all connected to one login have experience managing your online waitlists?
IIRC normally the limit is 2 active waitlists, but if you have multiple Use Years you can have 2 active per different Use Year. Does this actually translate in the online system?

Was just concerned about having my waitlists lumped together if I add my new membership to my existing account. Wouldn't want my allowed waitlists to go from 4 to 2 just for ease of login.

Do those of you who have multiple memberships (i.e. multiple Use Years) all connected to one login have experience managing your online waitlists?
IIRC normally the limit is 2 active waitlists, but if you have multiple Use Years you can have 2 active per different Use Year. Does this actually translate in the online system?

Was just concerned about having my waitlists lumped together if I add my new membership to my existing account. Wouldn't want my allowed waitlists to go from 4 to 2 just for ease of login.
There's a drop-down box for each contract on the waitlist page.

It does not change anything. 2 for each UY. Other than the Dashboard which has a section that shows everything together you have drop downs to select what UY you are working with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter