Help from Brides from the UK!!

jennjones1

Dreaming of my Wedding!!
Hiya Ladies,

Can you help me by telling me what documents i need to get married in florida is there anything i need to do in the UK before coming over or do i just go somewhere in florida when i am there?:headache: what did you do?:rolleyes:

Any help would be great!!:worship:

congrats from a uk bride

All we took to the courthouse to get our license was our passports

We went to kissimee courthouse to get our license and then we took it back after the wedding to get it stamped and to get our copies but your officiant can send it back to the courthouse and then the courthouse send your stamped copies to you

nothing and i have had no problems changing my name with the marriage certificate recieved either and we have been married for nearly 6 months now

that sounds really nice and easy....

My mother in law to be was panicing me a bit because her and her husband got married in florida around 6 years ago and had to get some official paperwork done over here before going over there and then they had to send it to florida and back again before the wedding!!

Thinking about it i think they must have just done what we do in the courthouse over there instead of having to go there when they got there.

So all i need is my passports and fill in the form when we get there, get it signed/stamped by the courthouse and then get married and get it signed by the minister/officiant and send it back to the courthouse and then they send me a copy!! Does that sound right?

How much did it cost to get it signed at the courthouse?

Have you got the address of the courthouse you went to?

Thank you so much for your help. :worship:

i dont have the address sorry, it was kissimee court house, i think they have a website.

It cost us around$95 to get the license and then$3 each copy.

You get the license unstamped at the courthouse then you have that signed by your officiant and any witnesses (like here) and then your officiant sends it back to the court house and they stamp it and send it back to you with any copies you have paid for. we took ours back ourselves after the wedding (the day after) to get it stamped and to get our copies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter