Help for non-EE strategy for DL and DCA for Spring Break family

WendyWhy

Mouseketeer
Have scanned the posts but very overwhelmed and would love input from any helpful veterans...

First trip since 2019...I became a FastPass guru after reading these boards and am now a newbie all over again with LL and the new rides/lands...Family of 5 - DD 7, DD12 and DS16. Will be staying at Sheraton during first week of April - Tuesday at DL and Wednesday at DCA - no hoppers (we've never done hoppers). Will be getting Genie+ and ILL if needed (sounds like it will be needed)

Riding multiple times would be great if it's easy but it's not a priority - no obsession with any particular ride that must be done more than once. Only interested in rides - no character greetings or parades (none scheduled per calendar).

Indiana Jones and Big Thunder will be closed while we're there...

For Disneyland non-EE rope drop - I will go with DDs to Peter Pan and our other FL rides Dumbo, Snow White and teacups - the other FL rides we are ok skipping this time. Will send DH and DS16 to Space Mountain and Matterhorn. Book ILL for Rise, book LL for Haunted Mansion, ride Pirates - does this seem like a decent morning strategy?

For CA non-EE rope drop - I would love to have to only purchase one set of ILL - should we try to run to RSR first and ILL Web Slingers later? Or vice versa? We will not be riding Guardians or Incredicoaster - other than DD7 we have done these rides and our weak stomachs can't handle it.

Thanks in advance for any advice - this board has been invaluable!

I’m sure others will chime in with lots of advice and strategies but I wanted to let you know what Webslingers is now part of Genie+ so need to purchase a separate ILL for it.

Last edited:
If you get Genie+, check out the thread on fishing for Multi-Experience Passes. I was able to gather a bunch of MEPs week before last and it made our evening so fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter