Help for newbie please!

cally73

Earning My Ears
Hi, this is my first time on these boards. We are going to the magic in 4 weeks time and it will be our second trip. I have read lots of you pay by credit cards which are fee free instead of taking lots of TC with you. Which cards are fee free and I may just have time to apply for one. Thanks for your help.:yay:

Just wanted to say Hi &:welcome: to the disboards.
Sorry I can't answer your question but I'm sure there will be others who can :thumbsup2

As previously stated, it's the Post Office or a Nationwide cc that you want. These give you the bank rate on your spending (not the tourist rate) - and a better rate than you can get by buying currency in advance. On most other cards this loading is around 2.75%.

We use our nationwide card. Its great getting the bank rate rather than tourist rate and we usually get a pleasant surprise when we get the bill - often a better rate than we had envisaged.

As Tony Toon has said you will find it hard to find a better deal than nationwide.:thumbsup2

Also wanted to say WELCOME to the dis.

Nationwide definately, but thought that I would add that if you want to get cash from ATM's you will need a Nationwide Flexaccount with Debit Card.

I opened an account only for use abroad and the guy in Nationwide smiled when I said this is all I wanted the account for. He said they have lots of customers the same and they did not mind. Just keep a small amount in the account rest of time, say £50 to keep account open.

Nationwide credit card is only OK for purchases like in UK.

P.S. Even though ATM's in US say a charge on screen for using ATM, Nationwide does not charge so you do not pay extra. Used an ATM in a hotel and it mentioned a $2.50 charge but it was never deducted by Nationwide.

Welcome to the DIS!

Sign yourself up for a Nationwide card quick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter