help for Disney playroom

mom2rm

Mouseketeer
I'd like to do my kids playroom in a Disney theme. My son is 5 and daughter is 2. They just love anything disney. Does anyone know where I can get wall stickers of Mickey/Minnie or anything else Disney or does anyone have any great ideas for decorating a playroom. Thanks!

I'd like to do my kids playroom in a Disney theme. My son is 5 and daughter is 2. They just love anything disney. Does anyone know where I can get wall stickers of Mickey/Minnie or anything else Disney or does anyone have any great ideas for decorating a playroom. Thanks!

I see them all the time in the paint section at Wal~Mart and Home Depot.

Nice idea, have fun planning !

Fun Project!!! I think you can get Diseny paint colors and chips at
Home Depo. They used to be Mickey shaped heads! They have the room decor stickers at Walmart with Disney characters and at Target too. Even Toy Story! If your kids have a favorite movie you can color photocopy the DVD or VHS covers and mount them on a photo frame. Disney posters would be cool too. I think you can get them at Walmart or the Five and Under stores. If you have been to Disney and have Mickey Ears they would look cute on a shelf in the room. GEt the kids involved with a Disney inspired craft project to all to the room or mount a colorful corkboard frame and put up picks of your Disney trip or photocopies of Autographs from the Characters! Sky is the limit:):goodvibes

Have FUn!!!!

Thanks for the great info! Yes, I have plaqued a Toy Story 3 movie poster and also plaqued a couple of pics from our Disney trip this year for their playroom wall so I"m on my way!

I just visited a friends house, she has a Nemo themed playroom. She is a teacher and used an overhead projector to project a blown up picture on the wall, then she traced and painted it. It looks so good!!

Our Dollar Tree has had Princess, Tinkerbell and Cars wall decals for $1 a sheet before. I let my daughter pick some out about once a year and we "redo" her play area in whatever catches her fancy at that time for just a few bucks.

I just redid the kids bathroom, using the Target MM items. For the walls, we painted them white and then I painted a red and yellow strip going around the room. Used the Home Depot Disney paints. Used Behr paint, so for the yellow strip we need very little and I bought the $2 sample size and still have a ton left over.

The kids wanted MM Heads on the wall too, but we couldn't find any stencils. So I made my own. I took the MM cookie cutter and some butcher/mailing paper, using an exacto knife I traced the cookie cutter image onto the paper. Used a bit of painters tape to attach the stencils, then I used round stenciling sponges (99 cents for a 2 pack at JoAnns) and black acrylic (59cents at JoAnns) paint and went for it. Used the acrylic paint because after talking to a Home Depot employee, who said they didn't have any stencil, but said try acrylic because it won't run. :thumbsup2 The price for the paint was a bonus!

I can try posting pics, but it might be a couple of days. Need DH's help to load them and we are running opposite directions for the next few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter