Help for a Newbie!

MusicMouse

Ph.D. Finally!
Ok, so we're planning to use DME for our first WDW vacation in January. We will be flying Southwest Airlines from Chicago to MCO.
1) Can we use the yellow DME tags with Southwest, or do we have to claim our own luggage and then bring it to the DME check-in?
2) How long before your outgoing flight does Disney ususally schedule your DME time? We want to go to the MK in the morning, and I need to know how much time to plan on having.
3) Can we leave our luggage at baggage services at our hotel while we go to the MK on our last morning, and then reclaim it right before we board DME?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me! :goodvibes

1) Can we use the yellow DME tags with Southwest, or do we have to claim our own luggage and then bring it to the DME check-in?

It doesn't matter what airline you fly in on. Put the yellow stickers on your bag before you leave home and they will "magically" appear in your room at WDW. But remember to take them OFF when leaving WDW.

2) How long before your outgoing flight does Disney ususally schedule your DME time? We want to go to the MK in the morning, and I need to know how much time to plan on having.

We used DME on our last two trips. We were given pick up times of two hours 45 minutes and three hours before our scheduled departure. We arrived at the pick up point 10-15 minutes early and the bus was a few minutes late. Both times we arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare.

3) Can we leave our luggage at baggage services at our hotel while we go to the MK on our last morning, and then reclaim it right before we board DME?

Ok, so we're planning to use DME for our first WDW vacation in January. We will be flying Southwest Airlines from Chicago to MCO.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me! :goodvibes

1) Yes, you can use the yellow tags.
2) about 3 hours. Keep in mind that the time they assign you will be the time the bus is scheduled to leave. You need to be ready to board the bus 10 to 15 minutes earlier.
3) Yes, or if you are staying at a value resort, you can use RAC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter