Help for a Newbie

Zane_Anthony

DIS Veteran
I have a 7nt Disney cruise planned for June 09 and I am thinking of adding on another week. I am trying to decide between another cruise, a week at WDW, or venturing out and trying Universal. I got an email about a 4/3 at Universal and the pricing isn't bad to say onsite. I would probably stay at Royal Pacific or Hard Rock for 7 nights. Here is what I am thinking, tell me if it's a good/bad idea and how best to work it.

I want to do their two parks and Sea World and Aquatica as well. I really don't think I want to rent a car as I know nothing about Orlando. How much would a taxi be ? Are there any other transportation options? It will just be myself and my son who will be turning 8 while we are there. Is there anything special we can do there for his birthday? I thought about going to WDW for 1 day as well since he will get in free but I am afraid if I do that it might make me miss WDW and wish I had spent all my time there. :confused:

Also, we aren't really big into "scary" roller coasters. Are there plenty of other types of rides? I think this is it, just trying to make a decision before all of these offers end.

The 4/3 deal sounds really good.Then thro in Seaworld and Aqautica,that would be a vaccation..:thumbsup2

There is plenty to do at Universal other then thrill rides.And the resorts (to me)are better then any deluxe you can get at DW..IMO

There is a shuttle bus but cant remember the name.But it will take you too SW and Aquatica..Mears I think it is.If I'm wrong someone will correct me..

You will not be dissapointed with a stay at Universal..

RPR is great my personnal fav.HRH is alittle better...

Read the stickys on this forum and the Resort forum and you can get some good ideas from the Trip Reports also!!:thumbsup2

the shuttle bus is provided by universal for the guests at their 3 on site hotels.
no charge for this service.

wet and wild, sea world transportation, being free, is better than a cab.
there are set schedules for transportation though.

some have stated in their trip reports they used UO shuttles to wet and wild but took a taxi/cab back to the hotel. don't remember the costs they mentioned.

when you make your reservation, have it noted you are going to celebrate your child's birthday there.

Thanks so much for the information! Are there any universal specific websites or any good guidebooks you can recommend? That's awesome there is a free shuttle to Sea World. The resorts look awesome as well. I am sure we will take one day just to relax, swim, and enjoy the resort.

go to universalorlando.com

you use the pull down menu to get info on the hotels, parks, etc.

you might want to browse and read some of the trip reports in the other forum
i know there are a few that have talked about aquatica, sea world and wet and wild as day adventures they took while staying at the universal hotels.

hotel guests can order a special birthday cake but it isn't free.
you need to order either 48 or 24 hours i advance.

from what posters have said, those cakes have been delicious.
one trip report has pictures of the roller coaster that was put on their ordered cake.

it is a hit or miss thing if your child gets something free when you check in to the hotel.
sometimes the hotels do a lot for the kid and somethings they don't.
i'm talking free stuff here.

i read one trip report where the family came back from the park and balloons and some food item was left for the bd person. pictures were in that trip report also. maybe if you can read some of them, you would find out how they got the free items.
i don't remember at this point so that is why i stated it might be a hit or miss thing.

i know you will have a super time on your special vacation trip there.
hope your child has the bestest birthday ever!

go to universalorlando.com

you use the pull down menu to get info on the hotels, parks, etc.

you might want to browse and read some of the trip reports in the other forum
i know there are a few that have talked about aquatica, sea world and wet and wild as day adventures they took while staying at the universal hotels.

hotel guests can order a special birthday cake but it isn't free.
you need to order either 48 or 24 hours i advance.

from what posters have said, those cakes have been delicious.
one trip report has pictures of the roller coaster that was put on their ordered cake.

it is a hit or miss thing if your child gets something free when you check in to the hotel.
sometimes the hotels do a lot for the kid and somethings they don't.
i'm talking free stuff here.

i read one trip report where the family came back from the park and balloons and some food item was left for the bd person. pictures were in that trip report also. maybe if you can read some of them, you would find out how they got the free items.
i don't remember at this point so that is why i stated it might be a hit or miss thing.

i know you will have a super time on your special vacation trip there.
hope your child has the bestest birthday ever!

Thanks!! :thumbsup2 I will check out the TR's. I usually learn more from them then anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter