Help florida wdw rainforest

abroadway

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have a receipe for the salad from rainforest cafe., that includes zucchini, cucumbers, ect....
The salad came with the steak and shrimp scamp and coconut shrimp.
Please help me locate the recipe.

I am going to move this to our Cooking forum. There is a large thread there with tons of WDW recipes at the top of the page so you might check to see if it is there.

Sadly we have very few recipes from the Rainforest Café. :( They're notorious for not sharing. The only salad recipe we have from them is for the China Island Chicken Salad on page 173 of the Disney Recipe Exchange thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103&page=173

I think you be talking about what's listed as "Napa Veggies" on their menu. I found this listed at RecipeZaar. (It's not the "official" recipe - read her comment.) Sorry we can't be of more help.

Confetti Veggie Slaw
Rainforest Cafe
Serves 20

1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn, drained (we use white shoepeg)
1 green pepper, julienned
1 red pepper, julienned
1 yellow pepper, julienned
1 large jicama, julienned
2 cups carrots, julienned (about 4 carrots)
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup raisins (I use mix of white & regular)
1 cucumber, sliced
1 cup red cabbage, julienned (optional)
2/3 cup vinegar (I use seasoned white rice vinegar)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)

Combine all the veggies in a large bowl. I use my mandolin to cut everything since there is so much julienning to do. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, oil, salt & pepper. Pour over veggies. Cover & marinate in the refrigerator. We will eat it right away, but as it sits the veggies soak up the flavors.

NOTE: We had the Napa Veggies at the Rainforest Cafe and knew we had to find a way to make something similiar at home. My kids now say that our recipe is better than the Rainforest Cafe's. There is a lot of room for personal taste with this recipe, add other veggies or take out those you don't like. Our favorite is the Jicima, we could never leave that one out! This recipe makes a ton, but it keeps well. It will still be nice & crispy 4 days later.

**Also, I found these responses to someone asking about the sauce/dressing...
1) A waitress told me it is a basmati vinigrette but someone told me they tried that and it was not good.
2) When I was just recently at the Rainforest Cafe in Chicago, I was told that the vegetables, etc., were marinated in equal parts sugar and olive oil.
3) Sugar and Rice wine Vinegar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter