• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Flight time just got changed!

cantsitstill

Mouseketeer
We're sailing on January 10th and heading back home January 17th. Just got an email that our outgoing flight has been changed from 12:55pm to 11:51am. Are we going to make it? Any suggestions on how to get off the ship earlier? We have second seating, so we're assuming NOT to go to breakfast in the morning, but what time do buses start going to the airport in the morning?:confused3

We're sailing on January 10th and heading back home January 17th. Just got an email that our outgoing flight has been changed from 12:55pm to 11:51am. Are we going to make it? ...
The last time an airline changed a flight time on me, they let me rebook to a different time at no cost. I don't know the exact rules on that, but it might help to give the airline a call to see what can be done.

I suspect your best bet is to rent a car---and be first off the boat, hopefully at 7:30 . If you park the car at the terminal (paying for parking while you cruise is still cheaper than missing a flight) you could be on the road to the airport by 8. . I can sympathize with the flight changes---our arrival flight in to Melbourne next week was cancelled. Just 3 weeks ago we were informed of the new itinerary for Christmas Eve and they've simply eliminated a regular afternoon flight that day (????) and have us arriving 6 hours later. so now we arrive after 10:30 pm and still have to drive to Vero. So much for settling in and getting groceries before the town shuts down for XMas. I hope you can work out a plan so you aren't sweating it the whole cruise!

We're sailing on January 10th and heading back home January 17th. Just got an email that our outgoing flight has been changed from 12:55pm to 11:51am. Are we going to make it? Any suggestions on how to get off the ship earlier? We have second seating, so we're assuming NOT to go to breakfast in the morning, but what time do buses start going to the airport in the morning?:confused3

Barring unexpected delays, you should be fine even with Disney Transfers. They quote the earliest departure time as 11:30, so you "should" be ok. Your comfort level is up to you.
FWIW, we are booked on flights at 11:30 out of MCO.

Does anyone know what time buses begin departing the terminal? We'll just check our luggage on the ship, so we're good on that.

This happened to us a few years ago and I called the airlines and let them know that the earlier time would not work due to the cruise ship schedule and we were allowed to keep our original flight. Good luck.

Thanks Tinkerella - just looked on the airline's website and the original flight we were on is no longer there :( The next flight is at 3:30, but, of course, we won't make the layover. Going to call anyway to see what they can do for us, but am thinking we'll be OK if we can just get on an early bus??

You should be ok. We got off the boat on Friday by 9 and we had the late seating for breakfast. We were taken directly to a Disney bus. And it left within a few minutes. I think it's 45 mins to an hour to the airport. They have the busses ready to go as soon as people start departing.

I believe you could ask for early seating for breakfast on the last day or just go to Cabanas - they usually offer breakfast there. I think you can get off the boat as early as 7.

I see no reason for you to book another flight - unless you just really want to.

Cabanas is open for breakfast. It's a limited menu of offerings, but you can probably get some food in you before getting on the bus to the airport. If you are flying on a participating airline, you can do onboard airline check-in since your flight is after 11:30am. You will get airline luggage tags to put on your bags. Set them out by 10pm the night before your cruise ends and you won't see them again until you land at your home airport. DCL prints your boarding passes too so you can go directly to the security lines.

Since DCL suggests flight after 11:30, you're most likely fine with the change. If you're concerned about the breakfast time, it's already been mentioned that Cabanas is open (although generally not announced). Also, it's possible that your head server could seat you at the early breakfast, just ask. You may not get "your" table or servers, but it may be possible to change.

The busses depart as they fill up, so the first bus departs fairly quickly. The longer you wait to debark, the busses fill more slowly, with the last bus waiting to make sure everyone is off the ship.

Thanks everyone - feeling better about it now :goodvibes I'm sure it will work out fine. Glad to hear buses are leaving right away - whew!

Thanks everyone - feeling better about it now :goodvibes I'm sure it will work out fine. Glad to hear buses are leaving right away - whew!

More than enough time, don't worry. We lingered on the boat as long as possible that AM, close to 9:00 AM, and we still ended up at the airport by 10 for a 1 pm flight.

We walked off with our bags and were at the airport by 0900 or shortly after for a 1050 flight. My brother in law picked us up and drove us. We also drove to MK after one of our cruises and were there by 0930 taking our time. You should be fine.

Don't do the rental car it could take forever. (It did on our last trip). And the Disney bus won't leave until it is full- I would honestly consider doing a private car. The price is nearly the same as a one day rental and they you up and drop you at the door.

We had a flight leaving out at 11:55 so we hurried off the ship with the first group, got on a bus immediately and left within about 10 minutes. We arrived at the airport about 8:30 and looked at each other with a "why did we leave so early look" We sat in the airport each reading a book until time to board.
So hurry if you want and will feel better. As a matter of fact we may do that again as we don't like to fret over a missing a flight.

I have always rented a car and am back in the airport area around 9 am (when I skipped breakfast and kept our luggage). That being said, by the time I was on the road after picking the car up I saw multiple Disney buses already on there way. You should have no problem as long as you are proactive and get off as early as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter