Help! First visit to Universal.

DreaminDisney

<font color="purple">The TFs converted another BEL
So, we are planning to go in January. What resort should we stay at and what are not to miss things we need to do/see? Kids are 14 & 16. This is our first visit and we don't know where to start.

We like Portofino Bay because the rooms are bigger and the kids like the pool slide. We haven't stayed at the other two properties but don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

They are all nice and you can pool hop! I would pick one with the theming that appeals most.

As for what to do, that varies depending on the family's taste. I would go to the Universal Orlando website and check out the attractions. They are all worth trying IMO.

January is a big month for tour groups and staying onsite will certainly help avoiding waiting in line with them.

January is a big month for tour groups and staying onsite will certainly help avoiding waiting in line with them.

:thumbsup2
We went in Jan 2012 and stayed at Portofino Bay..We loved the resort.Very quiet and serene, large rooms .It is the furthest of the 3, but still NOT that far.Easily walkable along a beautiful garden path and an easy boatride if you would rather not walk.You can't go wrong with any of them thoughTHe parks were lower crowds, but THANK GOD we had the resort express pass..Jan is prime time for tour groups.Eveywhere we looked there was a tour group.We were easily able to avoid them with the help of Early entry at IOA and the express pass

We have stayed at all three. Each hotel is very nice. Our favorite is Hard Rock. One, it's closer and we like the easy walk. Two, my kids, ages 14 and 20, like the atmosphere.

I agree that you can't go wrong with any of the three. However my 16yo son's favorite if HRH. He will choose that every time.

One thing to remember is that many young families choose RPR because the pool is small child friendly. But it is a lovely resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter