Help! First timer...

sbh

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm a single parent travelling on Mar. 24th (Wonder) with my two kids (F-8 & M-6). Any advice on how best to schedule our four days? We have the Dolphin Encounter planned for Nassau, but that's it. Also do we need to pack all sodas or is the 'unlimited refill' mug the way to go - is it good at sit down dinners?

All sodas at dinner in the dining rooms are free.

We got the refillable mug for my DD(11) on our 12-8 Magic cruise and she didn't use it enough to make it worth it. If your kids are crazy for soda, I would suggest the mug. Otherwise, I'd suggest passing on the mug.

We bought three refillable mugs, one for each of us, on our first cruise but only one on our second. Unless you've got a real soda addiction they are probably not worth the price. They are a nice souvenir though. We still use them all the time at home.

As far as planning is concerned it sounds like you have already got your Nassau day covered. You may want to think about spa reservations. Beyond those two things, and Palo reservations, we just played it by ear and had a wonderful time.

Enjoy!

That makes two votes I've received for No Mugs. Thanks for the advice. Are drinks free at Castaway with lunch? For that matter is lunch part of the deal there, or is it available at a special Disney Price?

Lunch at Castway Cay is included as well as the drinks - they had fruit punch, tea, and water on the 1/19 7day at Casyaway.

We brought sodas and juice drinks with us. If you bring a soft sided cooler your stateroom attendent will fill it with ice everyday if you ask. The cooler (refrigerators) in the room worked OK for us. It took about a day for the drinks to get cold.

Don't stress about too much and just plan to have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter