Help - finding posting/thread

ORD2KOA

DIS Veteran
Hi. I'm sure I'm just probably nuts, but I can't seem to find the thread about resort availability.

It's the one where you say you've tried to book and were told some dates were already sold out for specific units.

Any help will be much appreciated. I'm freaking out that DVC is taking forever to get our resale into the system and I need mid-November & early December dates. :eek: It's more the fault of the sellers since they sat on the paperwork for two weeks, but it's making me crazy.

TIA.

When you first open the DIS page it is under resort availability right at the bottom of the DVC section.

Hi. I'm sure I'm just probably nuts, but I can't seem to find the thread about resort availability.

It's the one where you say you've tried to book and were told some dates were already sold out for specific units.

Any help will be much appreciated. I'm freaking out that DVC is taking forever to get our resale into the system and I need mid-November & early December dates. :eek: It's more the fault of the sellers since they sat on the paperwork for two weeks, but it's making me crazy.

TIA.

The availability threads are not very accurate and I wouldn't use them to make any plans.

:earsboy: Bill

TIA.

November and December are going to be tough, especially early December (those dates are probably already booked up). The Board (not just a thread) that you are referring to is not that accurate to see what is available, just what might not be available. Your only accurate way to find out is to call Member Services. And once you get your member number, you'll be able to do that.

maybe this is a dumb question, but if there is general availability at the resort could you book now and then switch the reservation over to using your points when you are in the system?

maybe this is a dumb question, but if there is general availability at the resort could you book now and then switch the reservation over to using your points when you are in the system?

Nope, you can't do that. Points inventory is different from cash inventory. You would have to cancel and rebook using the appropriate inventory.

November and December are going to be tough, especially early December (those dates are probably already booked up). The Board (not just a thread) that you are referring to is not that accurate to see what is available, just what might not be available. Your only accurate way to find out is to call Member Services. And once you get your member number, you'll be able to do that.

Thanks, I do realize that. We owned at OKW from 6/1994 until I sold it prior to 3/20 because I could never get into BWV when we wanted to. GRRRR. If the sellers hadn't sat on the paperwork, I would have been in the system in time.

The availability threads are not very accurate and I wouldn't use them to make any plans.

I agree with Bill. Somebody else's experience two days ago is irrelevant to you. It's the same as calling to "check availability" when you are not ready to book.

The only availability that matters to you is whatever is there when you call to book your reservation.

It is a helpful guide? Not really. Thanksgiving through New Years is a busy time -- that's really the only "help" you need. And no matter how busy it is, if you get a reservation...you got a reservation.

I agree that it's not very accurate as far as what is available, but I have always found it to be pretty accurate about the dates/units that are not available.

And it's better than nothing.

I do contribute to that thread whenever I find that I can't make a reservation in the size unit or resort that I prefer.

I agree that it's not very accurate as far as what is available, but I have always found it to be pretty accurate about the dates/units that are not available.

And it's better than nothing.

I do contribute to that thread whenever I find that I can't make a reservation in the size unit or resort that I prefer.

ORD2KOA - Thank you for your contributions to the RRA. They have been noticed and appreciated. :)

I agree with disneynutz, Deb & Bill and JimMIA that the RRA is not perfect and that only a call to MS can tell you what is actually available to book.

That said, IMO, the RRA Board is not worthless. The RRA Board was never meant to be more than an indication of what members are finding unavailable when they call. I think most who use it understand that.

As ORD2KOA says, it's a pretty good guide to what isn't likely to be available. Doesn't mean a person shouldn't call anyway, but it's a good indication of how serious you need to be about second & third choices - and it's nice to have when MS isn't open.

The RRA board gets a lot of views and there seem to be are a lot more members contributing now than there were in the past.

I suppose the RRA Board is more for those of us who like to dream a bit and want to know that our dreams are at least a pretty good possibility. That's why I spend my time keeping it up - that, and as a reminder of all the wonderful things Caskbill did for us here on the DIS. It was his idea and his programs (with some recent help from LisaS) that still keep it viable.

Until DVC establishes real time access, it's the best we have without calling MS.

Thanks to all of you who contribute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter