• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help Finding a Gift

eltonsha

Earning My Ears
I need help with deciding what to get my 5 year old DS for Christmas. We have already gotten him a leap pad Ultra as well as a new bike.
I'm now stuck as to what else to get him, he loves Dinosaurs, reading, animals and cars. The problem is that he already has so much of these items, even his bookshelf is overflowing. I want to get him something that will be different enough it won't end up in the bottom of the closet and become wasted money. Any ideas at this point would be helpful. TIA

Honestly? I think that's good for Christmas. What about some marbles or other small stocking stuffers.

When your child is 5 and already has too much stuff, I'd say that your two big gifts are plenty. One from you and one from Santa. All you need now is some stocking stuffers. But, if you really need something else, I'd go the route of board games. Get him a learner's chess set or Blokus Jr.

What about getting rid of the toys and books that are below his level? Then replace them with more age appropriate books and board games. We do this for our dd. Right now I am weeding out the things that are too young for her. The items in good condition get donated the rest gets thrown away. That way when Christmas comes she will have tons of new items and room to put them. Does he have a kids CD player and kids music? At age 5 they usually love music and such.

I would say he is at a good age for some board games.

Are there any experiences that he wants to do, i.e. go to a science museum, a movie, etc?

Thanks for all the suggestions. We have went through his toys and he got rid of a lot of things but his dinosaurs and books are two things that he just won't part with. The board games and CD player are great ideas, ty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter