• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help Fill In My Gaps!

DISNEY1975

DIS Veteran
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have a few gaps to fill in...

Background: Party of 3, Me, Hubby and DD11. Hubby eats anything and everything. Im slightly picky, dont like to try crazy new food. Daughter is super picky, so dont really need to consider her, as she probably wont like it anyway!! She'll most likely eat off the kids menu, which has traditional kids food.

We are staying 9 days at the Poly. Below is what I have so far.

Saturday
WAVE - Lunch (changed. Thanks for the recommendations!)
MBBQ - Dinner

Sunday
Storybook Breakfast - Breakfast
Les Chefs de France - Dinner

Monday
Crystal Palace - breakfast (might try to change to BOG breakfast at the 90 days mark)
Whispering Canyon (changed Thanks for the recommendations!)

Tuesday
1900 Park Fare - Breakfast
Grand Floridian Cafe - Dinner (Thank you everyone!)

Wednesday
Tusker House - Breakfast
Spirit Of Aloha - Dinner

Thursday
Hollywood and Vine - Breakfast
Sci-Fi Lunch
Artist Point - Dinner

Friday
Cape May - Breakfast
Rose and Crown - Dinner

Saturday
YC Captains Grill - Breakfast (Changed! Thanks for the recommendation)
Cindy's RT - Dinner

Sunday

Ohana - Breakfast
Help for lunch here!
Help for late dinner here..maybe downtown Disney area, as we check out this day)

Im looking for easy transportation places from the Polynesian, but we will have a rental car, so if its something great, we can drive if needed. I would also like places that accept the dining plan.

Im already past my 180 date, so hard to gets are probably not possible.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
What about The Wave at Contemporary for dinner that Tuesday? And maybe Whispering Canyon for lunch on Sunday? It's kind of safe food-wise and can take the boat to WL. Don't have much experience with DD restaurants except for Rainforest Cafe, which I don't recommend and Cooke's of Dublin, which I do! Have a great time! It's hard to go wrong with so many choices.

I like your choices! For me Thursday seems a little heavy. We don't seem to be super hungry when at WDW and 3 TS meals is too much for us - we did the DxDP once and we were stuffed!

I agree with the PP about The Wave. I have heard good things about it - their breakfast buffet seems very nice - it could also be a good choice for an early dinner before MNSSHP. California Grill is always a good choice for dinner - especially if you time it so that you are there for Wishes. Trattoria Al Forno's menu looks so good! I really have to stop looking at menus since our trip is in 13 days and I don't want to change anything else :oops:
For DtD I would rather do Earl of Sandwich or WPE than a TS. Of course there are new places opening up this year at DtD.

On your Tuesday, I'd suggest Kona. It's right there in the Poly and would be good for either a leisurely dinner or a bit before MNSSHP. And don't give up your breakfast at Kona, best one on property hands down.

Agree w/Tzeitel that your Thursday seems awful heavy. I'd skip lunch in favor of dinner and just snack if you get hungry.

You have alot of great ressie's :)

As a veteran Disney diner I would suggest 2 meals a day...breakfast & dinner. I do Table service mostly.
Agree with the other Dis'ers, 3 meals a day is way too much food and you spend alot of time...just eating.
I find that a nice breakfast and dinner around 4 or 5 pm works great!
Around lunch time I enjoy various Disney snacks around the parks...dole whip, Mickey Ice cream bars etc.
If the kids are hungry the QS locations have nice kids meals that have grapes and carrot sticks with them. (A nice mid afternoon snack)

The day you are going to MNSSHP I would suggest a late lunch...around 3. They start letting you in for MNSSHP at 4pm.
Unless you don't plan to go in until 7pm, then eat an early dinner before you all put your costumes on.
I would suggest eating at one of the monorail resorts that day...even better to eat at your resort, I agree everything said about Kona.

The Wave at Contemporary and BOMA at Animal kingdom lodge have fantastic breakfast buffets for reasonable price.
As far as transportation you can take the disney bus transportation everywhere.
But being on the monorail line is nice for all the monorail resorts, MK and going to Epcot.

Thanks everyone! I did a deluxe rookie mistake years ago by reserving 3 meals per day for 10 days! At the end of day 2, I called and cancelled all my lunches for the rest of the week!

I promised hubby we could go to Sci Fi this trip (we've done 50's prime time many many times) Wasnt quite sure where to squeeze it in. If we keep it, Ill try to eat light at breakfast.

Thanks to all who suggested Wave. I checked out their dinner menu and wasnt crazy about it, but did like their lunch menu, so I swapped my GF Cafe lunch the first day to Wave, and reserved GF Cafe for dinner the night of the party.

Im really trying to try new places this year. Ive been to Cape May many times too for breakfast. Do you think Bomas is worth switching for breakfast? Is it anything like Tusker House?

Im also going to try to switch my Plaza dinner to Whispering Canyon :) Ive never been there.

Thanks everyone! I did a deluxe rookie mistake years ago by reserving 3 meals per day for 10 days! At the end of day 2, I called and cancelled all my lunches for the rest of the week!

I promised hubby we could go to Sci Fi this trip (we've done 50's prime time many many times) Wasnt quite sure where to squeeze it in. If we keep it, Ill try to eat light at breakfast.

Thanks to all who suggested Wave. I checked out their dinner menu and wasnt crazy about it, but did like their lunch menu, so I swapped my GF Cafe lunch the first day to Wave, and reserved GF Cafe for dinner the night of the party.

Im really trying to try new places this year. Ive been to Cape May many times too for breakfast. Do you think Bomas is worth switching for breakfast? Is it anything like Tusker House?

Im also going to try to switch my Plaza dinner to Whispering Canyon :) Ive never been there.

We did the Captain's Grill at YC for breakfast this last trip. Not as good as the Wave, but super laid back, small-ish buffet, but you can get eggs and bread to order if you get the buffet or you can order off the menu. If you want to try something new for breakfast, Trattoria al Forno is open on the Boardwalk. Their menu sounds really good to me.

But I do have to say, I adore Boma. Breakfast is not nearly as adventurous as dinner, but I do like the interesting touches. I happen to LOVE the AKL, so just exploring there is an attraction in and of itself.

We did the Captain's Grill at YC for breakfast this last trip. Not as good as the Wave, but super laid back, small-ish buffet, but you can get eggs and bread to order if you get the buffet or you can order off the menu. If you want to try something new for breakfast, Trattoria al Forno is open on the Boardwalk. Their menu sounds really good to me.

But I do have to say, I adore Boma. Breakfast is not nearly as adventurous as dinner, but I do like the interesting touches. I happen to LOVE the AKL, so just exploring there is an attraction in and of itself.

Oh! YC sounds great for breakfast. W'eve stayed there a couple of times, but always left for the character breakfasts when my kids were little. My youngest is now 11 and Im not even sure she's going to enjoy the characters like she used to, but Im giving it one last try before she's completely grown :(

Buffets kill me at the parks. So much yummy food and I have no will power! Never a good day filling up on breakfast, then walking 15+ miles in the parks :) A smallish buffet sounds great. I just hope they dont have Mickey Waffles!

We've had Boma dinner once. I wasnt a fan. But sometimes thats good...you dont over eat!

I really appreciate everyones help :) Hubby will be thanking you too after seeing some new restaurants. He hates that I keep picking the same places over and over!

I really appreciate everyones help :) Hubby will be thanking you too after seeing some new restaurants. He hates that I keep picking the same places over and over!

I try to find new places for us as well, not easy after a few trips! This year we are trying 'Ohana for breakfast (have done dinner), Via Napoli, and we are doing the Wishes fireworks party. Going with extended family that has never been so I picked some of our favorites - Sci-Fi, San Angel Inn, Y&Y and BoG.

I just found this on the YC breakfast menu. Im doomed

:worship: Dark Chocolate Waffles - dried cherry compote, espresso-mascarpone cream, chocolate shavings and a choice of bacon or sausage $10.99

I just found this on the YC breakfast menu. Im doomed

:worship: Dark Chocolate Waffles - dried cherry compote, espresso-mascarpone cream, chocolate shavings and a choice of bacon or sausage $10.99

My daughter had that both times we ate there. It's hard to NOT order the buffet, but those were so good. They are 3 small waffles, but it was enough for her. :)

Now the last ressie I need is for the day we check out. We still have 3 credits to use! Any recommendation for dinner. Im open to Downtown Disney or a resort. I really don't want to go back into a park this day.

Thanks

Now the last ressie I need is for the day we check out. We still have 3 credits to use! Any recommendation for dinner. Im open to Downtown Disney or a resort. I really don't want to go back into a park this day.

Thanks

3 credits per per person or 3 credits overall?

Per person. So it can be a meal anywhere. Thanks :)
Then I would do a signature. Flying Fish and hanging out at the Boardwalk would be fun. Jiko and hanging out at the AKL would be fun (that's my favorite resort :)). California Grill would be a celebratory way to finish up the trip.

I don't think you have a Boma ressie in there. Maybe dinner? Dinner is incredible & lots of choice for both picky, traditional and adventurous eaters. Be sure to walk out back to see the animals either before or after dinner. The gift shop at AKL is fun to browse. Raglan Road at Downtown Disney is also great. Lunch or dinner. If looking for a quick service lunch, Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney has lots of choice & always good. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter