Help-ebay Bank Account

ericafny

<font color=purple>OK, I am a real Harry Potter ge
Hi. I am just starting to sell stuff on ebay and I am opening a seller's account. I don't want to enter my bank information, is there ANY way to get around this at all?!?

Erica

I just opened a seperate savings account for my ebay.

disnutt said:

I did too, only it's a free checking account. That was a great piece of advice that I got right here on the BB! :love:

I call it my "dead end account" bc. I keep an average of about $35 in it and if anyone hacks into it from the internet they hit a dead end and get very little $$.

I have found it useful whenever a website wants you to link a bank account. In addition to paypal and ebay I've used it for my ING banking and Ameritrade.

Thanks for the advice! I think I will open a separate checking account with my bank (HSBC). They offer a free checking account and you can apply online. I linked my ING account to my regular checking account, do you think that is a bad move??

Erica

ericafny said:
Thanks for the advice! I think I will open a separate checking account with my bank (HSBC). They offer a free checking account and you can apply online. I linked my ING account to my regular checking account, do you think that is a bad move??

Erica

Try National City or PNC Bank (although I'mnot sure if they are in NY or not :confused3 ) They are both offering incentives to sign up for a free checking account online.

There may be others so check around.

disnutt said:

::yes::

I did the same when I linked my account to PayPal because PayPal has a reputation for putting holds on accounts and other questionable actions. Also, this is good in case someone hacks into your account somehow. If you used your regular account someone could wipe you out.... Definitely don't let anyone know your ebay or PayPal info (account/password/etc) via email.

My DH opened a paypal account. When the money comes in from stuff he sells it automatically gets credited to the account. They sent him a debit card with the account. Its "found" money for him. Since he does the work and the money isn't part of the family budget he gets to spend it on whatever he wants (i.e. his motorcycle). :moped: :moped: :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter