• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help~ Disney waterpark or Sea World????

Dylan_&_Blake's_mom

DIS Veteran
Ok, here is the question of the day. I am a little concerned about the heat for our trip in late Sept./early Oct. We had planned on doing a day at Sea World, however, since it will be so warm I was wondering if we should try and do a disney waterpark instead:confused3 We can't do both ( I think it's kind of crazy that it will cost us $200 just to be able to go to a waterpark). They are about the same cost though. If anyone has an opinion I would love to hear it. We've never been this time of year and have never been to a disney waterpark.

Anyone have any experience with this time of year? How bad is the heat? I don't want to be miserable at all or have the kids be too hot. I like to go when it's short sleeve/shorts or capris weather but not sweating. Help please.

I would play it by ear. the water parks are fantastic and a must do, weather permitting. You just have to keep in mind that even though the water is heated, it can be too cold to walk around the park wet.....I say, plan for the water park, unless its raining or chilly and then do Sea World..

Both are great! Sea World, on a really hot day, can be tough. The water parks, on a cooler day, can be tough (especially if it is windy).

I agree with the pp who said to leave the option open and decide based on weather.

Ok, here is the question of the day. I am a little concerned about the heat for our trip in late Sept./early Oct. We had planned on doing a day at Sea World, however, since it will be so warm I was wondering if we should try and do a disney waterpark instead:confused3 We can't do both ( I think it's kind of crazy that it will cost us $200 just to be able to go to a waterpark). They are about the same cost though. If anyone has an opinion I would love to hear it. We've never been this time of year and have never been to a disney waterpark.

Anyone have any experience with this time of year? How bad is the heat? I don't want to be miserable at all or have the kids be too hot. I like to go when it's short sleeve/shorts or capris weather but not sweating. Help please.

Sea World would be my pick. I go once every few years and I always love it. We went a few months ago and the service was better than at the Disney parks this visit. I love Shamu and the Pets show. Sharks Grill is better than Coral Reef also same type of view but it is all sharks, but much better food. It is a full day of fun, while I have never stayed more than a 1/2 day at the water parks.

last september we did seaworld and it was okay. The kids loved shamu ofcourse but other than that nothing it was just okay. The water park we did blizzard beach and we loved it thought it was great. but if your kids are really into sealife maybe sea world would be more exciting for them than my kids.

I would play it by ear. the water parks are fantastic and a must do, weather permitting. You just have to keep in mind that even though the water is heated, it can be too cold to walk around the park wet.....I say, plan for the water park, unless its raining or chilly and then do Sea World..

Both are great! Sea World, on a really hot day, can be tough. The water parks, on a cooler day, can be tough (especially if it is windy).

I agree with the pp who said to leave the option open and decide based on weather.

I think it might be a good idea to play it by ear but I didn't think I could do that with the water park thing. Since I am getting a disney package with tickets included. ( I would have to add an extra day to the tickets and add the water park option) Don't I have to do this when I make my reservations? Can I add the extra day (for the $3) and the water park option while at disney?

Sea World would be my pick. I go once every few years and I always love it. We went a few months ago and the service was better than at the Disney parks this visit. I love Shamu and the Pets show. Sharks Grill is better than Coral Reef also same type of view but it is all sharks, but much better food. It is a full day of fun, while I have never stayed more than a 1/2 day at the water parks.

I love going to Sea World and have always said we have to go there every time we are in Florida because I am dolphin obsessed. I also love the Shamu show and we have yet to get from it despite trying so that would be a goal,lol. I just thought the water park thing would be something new and different and my boys love water. I am worried since I heard it is hot that time of year. Thanks for the input

last september we did seaworld and it was okay. The kids loved shamu ofcourse but other than that nothing it was just okay. The water park we did blizzard beach and we loved it thought it was great. but if your kids are really into sealife maybe sea world would be more exciting for them than my kids.

They are not THAT into sea life. They like it and enjoy looking at it but we would mainly be going to see the sharks, the Shamu show and so mommy could see dolphins:thumbsup2 I do think that they would really like one of the water parks. They love swimming and when we went to our small water park by where we live they LOVED it. I wasn't real sure about the 2 1/2 year old but I'm sure we'd just have to take turns staying with him like we do at the other parks? Did you take your little one? Could they go on the family tube ride or anything? Thanks

I think it might be a good idea to play it by ear but I didn't think I could do that with the water park thing. Since I am getting a disney package with tickets included. ( I would have to add an extra day to the tickets and add the water park option) Don't I have to do this when I make my reservations? Can I add the extra day (for the $3) and the water park option while at disney?

Doesn't the package include water park tickets? If not yes you can add them at Disney.

I was told by the Poly concierge that I can add the water park option to our (already purchased) tickets when we arrive in July, but you may want to call to be sure.
I have been to Orlando in September and October and I don't recall it being that bad as far as the heat goes. I do remember that on the October trip it was rather cool in the evenings. My vote would be for Sea World. The park may be decorated for Halloween by then and they do a special Halloween Shamu Rocks show that is really great. I would suggest looking on Sea World's website to see what is happening during your trip. Have fun!

We went to seaworld for the first time on our last Disney trip and I have to say I was not impressed. The Shamu show was closed for some reason and ticket prices were still the same price. Half of the childrens rides were not working. It was very hot when we were there and they have a HUGE sand box in the kids area(sweaty kids and sand YUCK!!!). We may try it again in the future but we would definately go to the water park over sea world!!JMHO!!

Yes you can add on to your tickets for something like 14 days from the first use. The other thing you can do is buy tix with the plusses for water parks and if you don't use them, upgrade to the non-expiring tix. Ask when you check in.

I have never been to the waterparks but have been to seaworld 5 times and it has always been the most relaxing day of our holiday.in fact we normally do it on our first day to break us into the heat (and thats in july):cheer2:.hope this helps you

Water parks skeeve me out to no end so I say Seaworld lol Just the thought of all of those people in the water but hey thats just me

We have done both, and love both. But if we had to choose (myself, Mom, DS18, DS16, DS14) hands down would do the water park. We enjoy our day relaxed and enjoying the water and sun.

I would normally say SeaWorld but I wanted to post to bring up something that hasn't been mentioned yet. SeaWorld now has it's own water park (Not Discovery Cove) called Aquatica. They have slides and a few animal habitats.

DW and I do NOT care for waterparks. We feel they are a waste of money. OTOH we have found SeaWorld to be an excellent park. While it does not have the theming found in the WDW parks, there is certainly enough there to keep our interest for a day.

Given a choice between a Disney waterpark and SeaWorld, which was the OPs original question, we would choose SeaWorld without hesitation.

I don't think you will find it too cold to go to a water park in October.

If you are adding the WPAM option onto your tickets then you would get the same amount of extras as you have for the park tickets. So if you have a 7 day park ticket, then you would have 7 visits to any of these: TL, BB and DQ. If you only want to go once then it's cheaper to buy a single admission.

Do you have a car? If you don't, then you will have to add money for transportation to Sea World. If you do, then add in money for parking.

To the OP you sound like you want to go to the waterparks from your posts - Please GO!! Your kids will love it!!! It may just be there favorite part. My kids love the water parks!! When you are going late Sept./early Oct. is almost always still water park weather, in fact it will still likely be hot, hot, hot and you will all welcome the relief of water. :) Since your family has been to Sea World several times, a water park will be a new adventure. I think either of the Disney parks or Sea World's Aquatica will be great. :)

Yes, you can add the water park option when you arrive. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter