Help dialing mobiles from the US

LisaAJ

Mouseketeer
Can anyone direct me how to call an Australian mobile (with international roaming) from a U.S. mobile?

We got a prepaid mobile card for while we are here but I can't call/text my husband who has international roaming on his Australian mobile.

Anyone know what I have to dial?

Try using the aust country codes in front of the number, don't know if it will work but worth a shot.

You need to dial the mobile number as follows:

0011 61 xxx xxx xxx

Drop the 0 in front of the Australian mobile number and just use the last nine digits.

Hope it works. Does your prepaid card allow you to make international calls?

Thanks guys. Princess in Oz, I tried that and it says not delivered. Tried several combinations but nothing is working :( I can text Australian numbers just fine but just not hubby who is here!

I always left the 0011 off - just dialled it as +614 etc, it wouldn't work without the +

Thanks guys. Princess in Oz, I tried that and it says not delivered. Tried several combinations but nothing is working :( I can text Australian numbers just fine but just not hubby who is here!

D'oh! The caffeine just hit my brain cells.

Did you use 011 or a '+' instead of 0011? 0011 is the Australian international dial code. I think it is 011 for the US. Otherwise, just put '+ 61 xxx...' as the number and I hope that works! I checked the numbers in my cell phone and that's what I have.

Otherwise, just try the Australian mobile number straight. Maybe your service provider will take the rest into account.

Still no luck :( Tried so many combinations I'm confused!! I should just be able to reply to a text he has sent me right? There's obviously something wrong. Thinking we may have to get a cheap SIM card for another phone we brought just so we can text each other when we get separated.

To call it should be 011614xxxxxxxx
To text it should be +614xxxxxxxx
Looking at Telstra's instructions for their international roaming, it would also be worth trying +614xxxxxxxx for calls too.

Thanks elphaba but we tried all of those!! Spent an hour in T-mobile today and they couldn't help. They seemed to think it was an issue with his VPN? We ended up getting another prepaid account using a spare phone we brought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter