Help decorate plastic beach pails

MondaysChild

Mouseketeer
Hello Crafters! I picked up a bunch of beach pails on clearance from Michaels today for only 25 cents each! I plan to use them as the goodie bag for my daughter's birthday party this weekend. I would like to decorate each pail with the children's names. I purchased a sharpie oil based paint pen but it does not go on well and it scratches right off!

I know there must be a secret to writing on plastic with marker pens. I am almost 40 and I still have a little personalized plastic jewelry box I received when I was just a little girl and it looks perfect!

So is it the surface prep? spraying something on it to lock it in? maybe the perfect marker?

Please help! I don't want to ruin a perfectly good bucket with less than nice personalization.

Thank you!!

I have decorated water bottles for my boys' baseball teams for several years. I used to use Paint Pens from the craft section of any craft store. After the paint dried, I sprayed the bottle with varnish - However, recently, my tactics have changed. It is way more time saving to get things cut out of vinyl. It stays on well and goes way faster. Most people use a Cricket or Silhouette to cut out their vinyl, or you can purchase pre-cut vinyl stickers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter