Help Deciding...

DISNUT21

Mouseketeer
taking the family to WDW this summer in July for a 10 night stay. This is our first trip with our 2 year old toddler and my SIL (18 y/o). Wanted to know what is the best child/toddler friendly resort. We are currently booked at Poly but DW is second guessing that choice due to extensive construction. I'm torn between changing to YV/WL/AKL/POR/GF... Looking for some guidance... Please help!

It's Disney, all the resorts are child friendly :). I think Poly has the best transportion options with monorail to MK and walking distance to TTC for Epcot monorail. Pool is gradual entry, and they just installed a new kids splash pad at the pool. GF is wonderful too. Both pools are zero entry, and also has cute kids splash area.
You can watch Wishes from either resort, I love not having to be stuck in the MK crowds to see it. Great dining options at either resort, and on monorail to enjoy all the MK resort dining.

taking the family to WDW this summer in July for a 10 night stay. This is our first trip with our 2 year old toddler and my SIL (18 y/o). Wanted to know what is the best child/toddler friendly resort. We are currently booked at Poly but DW is second guessing that choice due to extensive construction. I'm torn between changing to YV/WL/AKL/POR/GF... Looking for some guidance... Please help!

Personally, if I was taking a toddler to WDW I would want to stay on the monorail line (so GF, contemporary, BLT or Poly). AKL is an excellent resort but is also in the middle of nowhere with 30+ minute bus rides everywhere, which could be challenging with a toddler. Monorail access will make your life much easier when naps are needed. I'm sure someone else will chime in, but I thought the Poly construction was almost over?

With the poly construction I would avoid it and not look back. We have had great stays at the Contemporary which let's you walk to the MK which is great for the parent of little ones. The WL is a short boat ride away.

I am more of a Crescent Lake fan than the monorail line myself with Boardwalk being my personal favorite. Being walking distance/boat ride away from 2 parks is super convenient.

Personally, if I was taking a toddler to WDW I would want to stay on the monorail line (so GF, contemporary, BLT or Poly). AKL is an excellent resort but is also in the middle of nowhere with 30+ minute bus rides everywhere, which could be challenging with a toddler. Monorail access will make your life much easier when naps are needed. I'm sure someone else will chime in, but I thought the Poly construction was almost over?
There will be construction with East pool getting a make over.

I'm always for avoiding construction. :) So I would chose another resort.

For ease alone lets eliminate AKL (relying on buses for everything with a stroller is a pain in the tush.)

That leads to MK or Epcot resorts. My suggestion is stay on monorail line if you are hitting MK the most during your stay. However, if you are hitting all parks equally, I say Epcot Resorts. That way you can walk/boat to 2 parks -- and if you are in the mood for a trek (with park hoppers) you can go thru Epcot and take the monorail lines to avoid the bus to MK.

I agree that being on the monorail with a toddler is ideal. We did Wilderness when ours were that age, for a cheaper option and the boat. However, we have stayed at AKL twice. Yes, the bus ride to MK is long, but I think it's an exaggeration to say the bus rides are "30 minutes plus everywhere). That is simply not true. AK is like 5 minutes, EP and DHS are 15, MK is closer to 30.

We love WL and Beach Club. Close to parks and less costly than monorail.

Thanks everyone!!!

We are considering staying at the Poly or transitioning over to the WL. You've all got me though on being able to watch wishes from the beach. That may be what forces me to stay!

Thanks again!

The WL is a wonderful resort. You'd have boat access to the MK and the CR (for the monorail and Epcot and HS).....The boat was wonderful IMHO........they've updated the pool and added a splash zone for the kids. Whispering Canyon Café is a great restaurant for the younglings too.........its very festive. If you make a change WL is not a bad choice.

Doug :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter