Help decide where we eat on the wedding night!

"Particular circumstance"? Did I miss something? :confused: DH and I honeymooned at WDW and, if I had to do it again, would've had dinner at V&A had we known about it. Of course back then, there was no internet..... ;)

Yeah...I was suggesting that maybe you overlooked the fact that it was not just their honeymoon, but their wedding night and the OP said they would be "worn out". I think V&A would be FANTASTIC on a honeymoon. But a three hour meal (that is not laid back by any stretch of the imagination) on a night when you are worn out would not be what I would recommend to anyone. I would want to save it for a night when I had the energy to savor it.

Thank you all...

DF and I have no idea if we're going to be exhausted, or endlessly excited from Disney magic.

A lot of you seem to think we will be tired :lmao:

I did like the room service idea, but the menu I saw for CSR menu was terrible! Fried chicken bucket? Do they allow flexibility? Could we order something from Maya Grill instead? It's a shame because our AKV room service menu is nice...

We got married on August 17! 5 years ago in August. It was in Oregon, but the temperature was pushing 100 that day. So, I'd say, similar to WDW in mid-August. :)

Although I was up early and didn't nap and we were the last to leave our reception (I just had to walk barefoot in the dewy grass), and although we went back to the suite I had been staying at to grab some things, and although we ended up sticking around for about an hour to listen to my family members be silly and have heavy discussions (I let my aunt have my suite that night) before heading over to OUR hotel for that night...we were absolutely exhausted. DS is a wedding night baby, but let's just say someone had to wake someone else up out of a dead sleep to cause that to happen. :upsidedow :rolleyes1

You'll be tired.

As for breakfast reservations, well, since I think you have to pay for those reservations ahead of time I assume you'll make it, but I doubt you'll be happy to do so! I think we slept until noon the day after our wedding, and we were still yawning while driving back to the other hotel to pack up and go home (honeymoon was a cruise the next week).

About room service...I wonder, if you let your coordinator know that you'd prefer room service, if she could arrange something from another resort? Or maybe you can get something "to go" from another place and bring it back?

A meal you *want* without having to be dressed up, with a nice bottle of wine or champagne, or even a beer, or just water, whatever you want, in the privacy of your own room might well be MUCH nicer than any restaurant that night.

Artist Point is a very nice place to eat. It was quiet and relaxing. DH and I ate their on our honeymoon, and there was a couple that was having their reception dinner there at the same time.

There are number of brides that have their reception at Ohana's, but most of them have their wedding guests dining with them.

Their is a couple on the wedding boards that had their wedding dinner at V&A. She goes into great detail about the meal, and seems to have had a wonderful time.

Are you planning on wearing your wedding attire? Just so you know, you won't be able to wear your dress into a park.

I think any of the signiture restaurants would be a good recommendation (personally my fav is Jiko). I think that you may be able to arrange private dining at the GF, and if planned right you can have it during Wishes.

Splurge on a taxi to bring you to AKL for a wonderful dinner at JIKO! Superb food, exotic setting, great wines. Stroll around the resort, then take a taxi back to CSR. The ride shouldn't be long at all.

I know you're going to AKL later in the week, but JIKO is so nice, romantic lighting and relatively quiet, it would make a lovely - and memorable - wedding night dinner.

Oh, and congrats!!!!

I will also vote for doing something very low-key on your wedding night. You will be exhausted, guaranteed. There were no wedding night babies in our future, I can tell you that! There was nobody awake to wake anybody else up! Heehee :P I was so tired, and my head was reeling with all the people and responsibilities and joy and everything, I barely remember a lot of that evening. Especially after all the socializing was over, and it was just us, and I was coming down off the adrenaline high that sustains you all day... It's a bit blurry. And I barely was hungry as a result of all the emotional stuff--you know how it is, that extreme happy (or sad) can spoil your need to eat? Why waste a great meal on a night when you will barely remember it or fully enjoy it?

Anyway, may I make an alternate suggestion? Do something really low key and simple that night...then make a reservation for the next night, just the two of you, to celebrate your "first full day as a married couple"! Get a good night's sleep, have a fun relaxing day, then really do the meal up in style, and create a great memory, too.

I vote Narcoossee's for quieter and romantic (and great view of the MK and Wishes).
I also vote Narcoossee's for food. Delicious.
I vote California Grill for something a little more lively, but still pretty romantic. It's a loud restaurant, bustling, so not as quiet as Narcoossee's. You get a unique view of the MK and Wishes here as well.

Me personally, I'd be going with Narcoossee's for a nice romantic wedding night dinner. We went this past November and the whole atmosphere was just incredible. And if you time your dinner right, you can see the fireworks at MK and the electrical water pageant in the lagoon.

Another vote for Narcoossees! I suggest you ask your wedding coordinator to get you a room at the GF so that you can just crash after the meal and won't need a taxi or a long ride. As kelleigh says the view from there is wonderful especially if Wishes is on that evening. The food, service and atmosphere are outstanding, far more romantic IMHO than CG and less noisy. Wherever you decide, be sure that the restaurant knows it is your wedding night. It is a favorite of my DW and me. Our anniversary is August 14, but I won't say how many years ago. ;)

Best wishes on your wedding!

So,

I was reviewing our Disney calendar, and we still don't have an ADR for our wedding night :lmao: which is August 15th. We are having lunch with guests (just parents) that afternoon, so dinner that night will just be the happy and very worn out couple.

It's a Disney wedding, and our planner specifically instructed us to go through her for our ressies that night, so I'm -hoping- that means we have a little extra wiggle room as far as availability.

I'm considering 'Ohana - we already have breakfast there one day, but 'Ohana is a very prominent concept in our relationship :lovestruc and Lilo and Stitch is one of my favorites. I'm not sure what to expect there though.

Also considering (and planner suggested) California Grill.

DH-to-be did manage to get CRT breakfast ressies for the next morning!

ROOM SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love: :hug:

Me personally, I'd be going with Narcoossee's for a nice romantic wedding night dinner. We went this past November and the whole atmosphere was just incredible. And if you time your dinner right, you can see the fireworks at MK and the electrical water pageant in the lagoon.

Exactly my thoughts as well!! I think this would be a wonderful, romantic, and relalxing dinner for a wedding night!

Yeah...I was suggesting that maybe you overlooked the fact that it was not just their honeymoon, but their wedding night and the OP said they would be "worn out". I think V&A would be FANTASTIC on a honeymoon. But a three hour meal (that is not laid back by any stretch of the imagination) on a night when you are worn out would not be what I would recommend to anyone. I would want to save it for a night when I had the energy to savor it.

Gee, I guess our traditional, 5-course, sit down, Chinese dinner on our wedding night at the reception (yes, for well over 3 hours) completely jaded me into "overlooking" that fact. Thanks. V&A would have been LOADS more laid back than what we did on our wedding night (not a complaint, just an observation). I don't see how you can get more laid back than having your own Victoria and Albert serve you dinner and take care of your every need for the evening. Good grief, it was just a suggestion and I would have done it in a heartbeat - wedding night, honeymoon, date night, whatever - any excuse to eat there. Sheesh. :(

I would say

1. cali Grill
2. narcossee's
3. Artist Point
4. jiko

I think it also depends on what type of food you like. At Cali grill and narcoosee's you bhave a view of the castle and wishes:love:

I would suggest you do Cali Grill, but ask to sit in the private dining area, it is very quiet and romantic back there, where the rest of the dining room is loud and bustling. The only downfall is it over looks the water looking toward Wilderness Lodge, but the water pagent parade can be seen from there, and you can always go on the catwalk to view Wishes. Artist Point is fairly expensive and I wasnt to impressed with the selection of food there, I would rather spend the money and go to V&A's. My husband and I went there for our 1st wedding anniversary and it was magical. It was soooo worth the money! If it was 700 dollars it would still be worth it!!! If you don't do V&A this time, definitley give it a try, so many people don't go because they think its too expensive, but it is soooo worth every penny!

Gee, I guess our traditional, 5-course, sit down, Chinese dinner on our wedding night at the reception (yes, for well over 3 hours) completely jaded me into "overlooking" that fact. Thanks. V&A would have been LOADS more laid back than what we did on our wedding night (not a complaint, just an observation). I don't see how you can get more laid back than having your own Victoria and Albert serve you dinner and take care of your every need for the evening. Good grief, it was just a suggestion and I would have done it in a heartbeat - wedding night, honeymoon, date night, whatever - any excuse to eat there. Sheesh. :(
:confused3

Just a difference of opinion. I think Belle was just saying it wasn't her idea of relaxing... and maybe it's your idea of relaxing. That's OK-everyone is different. There are good and bad reviews for every restaurant for that reason. :hippie:

Just a difference of opinion. I think Belle was just saying it wasn't her idea of relaxing... and maybe it's your idea of relaxing. That's OK-everyone is different. There are good and bad reviews for every restaurant for that reason. :hippie:

No problem with differences in opinion here but also no need for those posts to be condescending. If you have a different opinion than I do, I wouldn't presume that you "overlooked" something. KWIM? :rolleyes:

Personally, I've never been to Cali grill or Narcoosee's or Jiko or some of the other suggestions in this thread but I'm sure willing to try them out (not on my wedding night - don't plan to do that again!). DH and I are conservative that way - we've found a restaurant that we've fallen in love with and stick with it each time we visit WDW and I wanted to share that - not get criticized for my suggestion.

I would vote for Narcoossee's.

Could you stay at a different resort for your wedding night, or is there a particular reason you're at CS the first night? If you were at Wilderness Lodge you could do Artist Pointe easily or room service. It would be great to be at Grand Floridian that night (that's just me, though ;) ) but I know it's pricey. I didn't realize the moderates even had room service--maybe another moderate hotel whose restaurant has a menu that appeals to you more?

Congratulations on your Disney wedding!:lovestruc

Well, I just noticed that Aug. 15 is a Friday, so that would mean two days somewhere else. I thought it was a Sat., so I guess my suggestion above doesn't work unless you'd change the first two nights reservation. Hmmm. Sorry.

You could do O'hana's like you wanted, and see if they'd box your dessert to take out on the beach with you. (I'll bet they would, being that you would be newlyweds!) Then you could watch the fireworks from the beach and have a little peace and relaxation. Or eat at Narcoossee's and have them box the dessert--I know they will here. Then on to whichever beach!

I would give some thought as to what you are likely to want to eat.

I got married at Disney last year, and had a lunch reception at the California Grill for us and our 20 guests. We had a huge meal, followed by loads of wedding cake.

In the evening, we just had a dessert party at EPCOT with the fireworks and I couldn't even find room to eat a dessert!

It would be a shame to go somewhere as gorgeous as Cali Grill or Narcoossee's (my 2 favourite restaurants in WDW) and not have an appetite to really enjoy the food!

Some other ideas I haven't seen anyone suggest so far:

If the room service menu doesn't appeal to you, get a service like the garden grocer to deliver a bag of stuff to your room to graze on that night, and just spend it in (or out!) of your PJs

Order a hamper from Disney florist for an in-room picnic

Go to your favourite park that night to watch their fireworks, just you and your new husband, and graze on some snacks as you just walk around taking your time. (If you're in Epcot, have some cocktails in France from the vendor stalls there and eat french pancakes by the side of the lagoon.)

If you do think you will be hungry enough to eat a full meal, I would choose Narcoossees as it is lit so beautifully, the atmosphere is very romantic and the food is outstanding. The Cali Grill is lit to be brighter, it is much larger in feel, and can be a bit noisy.

I do love Jiko, but they have an annoying tendency of putting tables of 2 very close together. The last time we went there, we ended up talking to the people either side of us as much as each other, as we continually had them dropping napkins by our feet, knocking our table when they went to the restroom etc. It didn't spoil our meal at all, but it would not be what I wanted on my wedding night. Any other night, it's gorgeous and we got a free pistachio creme brulee for being on our honeymoon here too (all the tables got them in our ranks of couples!)

If I was in your shoes, I think the thing I would most love would be putting on my flip flops, a pair of shorts and a vest, and going to watch some amazing fireworks in Magic Kingdom (my fave park), having a snack at Main St Bakery, and then coming back to my room to find a bottle of champagne and some chocolate dipped strawberries (you can get these delivered through your wedding co-ordinator) and staying in with my new husband.

SO, I would consider how much you plan to eat at lunchtime, how much cake you plan to eat in the afternoon, how hungry you are likely to feel, and whether you want a "fun" night (go to Ohana - it's awesome but loud), or a quiet romantic one (fireworks/picnic/Narcoossees).

I'm sure whatever you choose you'll have an amazing time!

Miranda

Splurge on a taxi to bring you to AKL for a wonderful dinner at JIKO! Superb food, exotic setting, great wines. Stroll around the resort, then take a taxi back to CSR. The ride shouldn't be long at all.

I know you're going to AKL later in the week, but JIKO is so nice, romantic lighting and relatively quiet, it would make a lovely - and memorable - wedding night dinner.

Oh, and congrats!!!!

Probably not much of a splurge since it is pretty much across the street.

The difference is that was your wedding reception. Not a dinner AFTER your wedding and reception.

I'm not sure of the OP's particulars, I don't nkow what time she's getting married that day, but she's having a Disney wedding that day, she says she's having lunch with parents, AND she's talking about having a dinner out that night. That's a LOT of stuff in one day.

I actually personally don't even know why they'll be eating; I am biased b/c I was a bride who did actually eat all she wanted on her wedding day...big meal, a bunch of our insanely good cake, and a few glasses of the terrific beer made at the place we had the wedding and reception. :) So at the end of the night I was NOT hungry. But I also know that not every bride is as focused on food as I was, LOL. I had planned that thing for 2 years, making everything as perfect as possible, and there was no way in heck I wasn't eating everything I wanted to. :goodvibes

I suppose if the OP isn't having a reception with food and guests, then it's all different, and in that case, the OP should pick the place that sounds the best! I just didn't know that Disneyworld did that sort of wedding! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter