• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Damaged Dooney purse

Kimmers127

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what number I call to talk to someone about damaged park merchandise? I bought a Dooney & Bourke Haunted Mansion bag at the Magic Kingdom on 10/16. We're back from our trip now and I just went to use my bag for the first time and realized that it's damaged. :( I'm not sure if I have the receipt or not, but I used my debit card to make the purchase, so I could get my bank statement if needed. It's a white spot on the bottom corner of the bag, it almost looks like the pattern is gone in that spot leaving a white mark. Not sure if it got hit with a razor blade while being unpacked or what. I'm so disappointed, the bag cost me almost $200 and I love it. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction!

(407) 363-6200 or you can send an email (be sure to include pictures) to wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com. I had to contact them once about a shirt I bought in Epcot (a cuff literally fell off) and they were incredibly helpful and exchanged it for me.

That stinks! I'm on a couple of Disney Dooney facebook groups and some of the ladies there have been complaining of the same issue. It's crazy to pay that much for a bag only to have it be damaged.

Call the number above, but if Disney won't help, call Dooney. I've returned a damaged bag to them in the past.

Thanks for the quick responses! It's so disappointing to see that this is happening to other people too. It makes me worry that even if Disney does replace my bag, the same thing may happen to the new one too. :(

I've been keeping up with the haunted mansion bags and have seen flaking complaints on these dooneys for a while now. Hope you can get a replacement!

there is also a year warranty on the bag, you can contact Dooney and Bourke and they will take care of you.

I have a Mickey Comic Strip Dooney cross-body bag and the black strap on it bled. Disney did an exchange without a question. Call Merchandising and have a picture ready to send. They will help.

Quick update. So far I'm extremely dissatisfied with this process. When I initially called Disney, the rep I spoke to was really nice and told me that they still had Letter Carriers in stock and she would be happy to send me out a new bag as soon as they received mine. She emailed me a UPS label and I want the bag out immediately. My bag was received by Disney last Friday. Yesterday morning, I received a v/m stating that the Letter Carrier is now out of stock, so I won't be receiving a new bag and will instead have to accept a refund... Which I think is such poor customer service. As soon as they sent me that shipping label for my return, a new bag should have been set aside for me. I sent my bag back in good faith knowing that I would be receiving a new one, and I don't think it's right that now that my bag is gone, I'm told I can't have a replacement.

(Continued) So I called the rep several times but always got her v/m. I just started a new job right now and I'm working a pretty different schedule to this rep's hours, so rather than continuing to at phone tag with her I requested a supervisor. I spoke with a very nice woman, who said she completely understood my perspective and that she would be happy to let me do an exchange if I didn't mind waiting until January (which is when they expect to have the bags back in stock). Obviously that's less than ideal, but at the end if the day, I want the bag, so I agreed and thanked her profusely. Well, today I got another v/m from the first rep stating that she received this supervisor's message but will be unable to allow me to proceed with an exchange. She said that I will have to accept a refund and try to buy a new bag when they are back in stock. And she called me right before the end of her shift, so I had no opportunity to call back and speak with her today. UGH. I just can't express my current level of frustration. These bags sell out quickly. I don't want to accept a refund and "hope" to be able to purchase one when they come back in stock. I already won that lottery when I was in the right place at the right time in October, what are the chances that I will get that lucky again? I'm just so frustrated. I really love the bag and I'm already frustrated that I was sold a defective bag. All I want is for them to make it right, and I feel like I'm just getting a run around. :(

Can you ask to be put on a "list" when the bag comes back into stock because of your circumstances? That way you'll be sure to get one? I have several Dooney''s and they all came with a registration card. Did you get one? Did you fill it out and send it in? I've had to have 2 bags repaired (one purchased from QVC) and Dooney was very helpful and nice. Give them a try.

Can you ask to be put on a "list" when the bag comes back into stock because of your circumstances? That way you'll be sure to get one? I have several Dooney''s and they all came with a registration card. Did you get one? Did you fill it out and send it in? I've had to have 2 bags repaired (one purchased from QVC) and Dooney was very helpful and nice. Give them a try.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will definitely ask about being out on a list. Unfortunately I was in such a hurry to send the damaged bag back to Disney, I forgot to grab the registration card out of it, so all I have is my receipt from Disney. So I don't think I can reach out to Dooney. I wish I could, I'm shocked at how unhelpful Disney is turning out to be.

Hoping I have better luck than you with exchanging a bag.

I bought the D&B Haunted Mansion tote while on Main Street on 11/6. Didn't use the bag while we were down there. After getting home I used the bag a few days and noticed that it's REALLY hard to unzip, but closes no problem. Rather than risk it getting worse, I contacted Merchandise Guest Services (# on receipt was 877-560-6477). They said I could exchange the bag, no problem.
I told her I didn't want to risk sending the bag back and them not having stock (which was always the case last year). She checked incoming orders and said that Disney learned their lesson and had lots of bags in stock and on order. Got my shipping label from them yesterday to send it back.

In the meantime, I figured it couldn't hurt to call D&B to see if they had a "quick fix" for a tough zipper. They told me to absolutely exchange the bag with Disney, to them it sounded like the zipper was defective. Even though they make the bag, they would not be able to exchange it for me.

Crossing my fingers that when I send my bag back, I get a new one!

Hoping I have better luck than you with exchanging a bag.

I bought the D&B Haunted Mansion tote while on Main Street on 11/6. Didn't use the bag while we were down there. After getting home I used the bag a few days and noticed that it's REALLY hard to unzip, but closes no problem. Rather than risk it getting worse, I contacted Merchandise Guest Services (# on receipt was 877-560-6477). They said I could exchange the bag, no problem.
I told her I didn't want to risk sending the bag back and them not having stock (which was always the case last year). She checked incoming orders and said that Disney learned their lesson and had lots of bags in stock and on order. Got my shipping label from them yesterday to send it back.

In the meantime, I figured it couldn't hurt to call D&B to see if they had a "quick fix" for a tough zipper. They told me to absolutely exchange the bag with Disney, to them it sounded like the zipper was defective. Even though they make the bag, they would not be able to exchange it for me.

Crossing my fingers that when I send my bag back, I get a new one!

I bought the Shopper tote on 11/10 and have the same issue with my zipper. My aunt bought the bag a couple of days later and has the same issue. She asked the girl in Uptown Jewelers to get her a different one because of it (she tests everything out on the spot whereas I don't) and the CM came out with a pile of them, all with the same zipper issue.

I bought the Shopper tote on 11/10 and have the same issue with my zipper. My aunt bought the bag a couple of days later and has the same issue. She asked the girl in Uptown Jewelers to get her a different one because of it (she tests everything out on the spot whereas I don't) and the CM came out with a pile of them, all with the same zipper issue.

Hmmm..now that's concerning. I'm shipping mine back today. I'll let you know how I make out.

I don't have a Disney Dooney (yet) to refer to, but every single Dooney item with a zipper that I have ever owned has been a hassle to unzip. The zipper seems very rough, if that's the right word, like it isn't coated or something which then makes it a struggle to open smoothly. I've actually been afraid that I would pull the pull tab off when struggling to open it.

I don't know if that could be the zipper issue everyone is mentioning, but it seems it may be. Mine all close very easily, but opening them was an issue. When they had the multicolor bags and accessories with the rainbow zippers, they were even worse!

Good luck to everyone trying to get theirs exchanged. I can't even imagine that frustration! I agree, when they created the label, a new bag should've been set aside for you. It doesn't make sense to make a label but not get a new bag for the exchange until a week or so later.

I agree, when they created the label, a new bag should've been set aside for you. It doesn't make sense to make a label but not get a new bag for the exchange until a week or so later.

I have to tell you, just hearing someone agree with this makes me feel a little better!

I have to tell you, just hearing someone agree with this makes me feel a little better!

Oh I'm definitely with you! That would really, really annoy me. They knew they had one coming back, and it was basically already paid for, so why not set it aside? Things like that baffle me. I could see if you just went back to the park one day later in the same trip to exchange in person, and by then it was out of stock - that's totally understandable. This...I don't understand! :confused:

I really hope everything works out for you! If you don't get it by December 31st, I can always check in Epcot for you. We will be visiting for the day on January 1st. Who knows, maybe they will get a huge Christmas shipment and have a few hanging around somewhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter