HELP!-Cypress Pointe Resort & Grand Villas ?

gweny70

Mouseketeer
I think I posted this on the wrong thread...so reposting here......

Ok..I am worried now. I booked 2bedroom at Cypress Pointe Resorts & Grand Villas from alpharooms for great rate of $71/night. However now I am finding out that Cypress Pointe Resorts are different (Phase 1?) from Cypress Pointe Grand Villas (Phase 2?). Does anyone know if this is correct? When I booked through alpharooms it did not differentiate between the two...it simply said that I had booked 9 nights with Cypress Pointe Resorts & Grand Villas. Anyone have any experience with this??? I've read good reviews on this place but now worried maybe it's for one of the Phases (Resorts vs Villas) and not the other and that I've booked the wrong thing HELP!!!

Based on the wording of your post, I would say you have a reservation at CPGV (Grand Villas). Phase I is very nice too, so I wouldn't worry about it. In fact, the units in Phase I were redone more recently than CPGV and Phase I has the Volcano Pool (although you can still use it even if your at CPGV). Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!

both sides are fine.

the CP side is closer to the pool with the slide.

the CPGV has 2 pools plus the market area, and the other activities.

either side is fine!!!

when you come back a review of alpharooms please!!!! so can add it to the list of hotels discount sites.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! My worries have been put to rest a little. I'm going to call CPR today and verify that my reservation is in THEIR system & valid, etc. And I will definitely provide feedback on alpharooms when I return. The price was right. Let's hope everything else is too!

We just got back from CPGV, and it was great. My family wants to stay there from now on (and we usually rent houses).

As others have said CPR has been upgraded more recently, but we were completely satisfied with CPGV. In fact, I think the 2BR units are a little larger at CPGV than at CPR.

The volcano pool is probably a 5 minute walk from CPGV. I liked how all of the buildings at CPGV fronted the two pools and playground. Put in a request for a pool facing unit. (We also requested ground floor and got that.)

Just checked my paperwork from Alpha Rooms and it says Cypress Pointe. I am hoping to get phase 1, please let me know how you get on when you telephone them as I would like to contact them before we go (not till August)

Thanks for the info horseshowmom! I'm starting to feel better and better about it all! THANKS!! Now I REALLY can't wait to go!!

Did there seem to be a benefit to ground floor vs 2nd or 3rd floor? Any difference in noise level?

Katies Dad: I will definitely let you know as soon as I get a chance to call today!

Ok...getting worried again..This time not because of the condition of the property but because they can't find my reservation. Yesterday I sent an email to CPR to verify they had received my reservation. Well one of their reps--(a man named Kito who is very nice) just called me back and can't find my reservation in their system?? Yikes. I am in the process of faxing him my paperwork from alpharooms so he can research and get back to me....I am worried but trying not to get to upset just yet.....

Stay tuned...hopefully all will work out.

Thanks for the info horseshowmom! I'm starting to feel better and better about it all! THANKS!! Now I REALLY can't wait to go!!

Did there seem to be a benefit to ground floor vs 2nd or 3rd floor? Any difference in noise level?

Katies Dad: I will definitely let you know as soon as I get a chance to call today!

In our case, I got the ground floor just because we like it better. CPGV DOES have elevators (CPR does NOT).

The units have screened in porches on the ground floor units (or balconies on the others) with a ceiling fan and a table with chairs out there.

We didn't really have a problem with noise - just a little sometimes in the pool area, but it shut down at an appropriate hour.

Ok...getting worried again..This time not because of the condition of the property but because they can't find my reservation. Yesterday I sent an email to CPR to verify they had received my reservation. Well one of their reps--(a man named Kito who is very nice) just called me back and can't find my reservation in their system?? Yikes. I am in the process of faxing him my paperwork from alpharooms so he can research and get back to me....I am worried but trying not to get to upset just yet.....

Stay tuned...hopefully all will work out.

In our case (not Alpharooms), it took a few days to get into the system (we were told it could take up to a week).

horseshowmom...Thanks for that info. I did just book it on Saturday so it hasn't been a week yet. Hopefully that is all it is.

Ok...See below--i'm pasting the email response I got from alpharooms. Does this sound right/legit?? Now I'm really worried!! I'm really uncomfortable about not being able to confirm that my room is there in MY NAME until 48 hours before I arrive?? That doesn't give me much time to find another place if for some reason they did mess something up! Anyone have any input or experience with anything like this!! I don't know if I should just cancel it all at this point and find something else.....
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your recent email.

The hotel will not receive your details until 48 hours before you
arrive.
These rooms will be booked for you but under the suppliers name.
Once you are due to arrive your details will be sent to them.

Kind regards

Laura

Hi. I just checked with my cousin who stayed there also through alpharooms. She was able to check her reservation online with alpharooms but CP didn't have it 'in their system' by her name until right before she arrived. She also said it was that way with other reservations she'd made through them.

lorilori...Thanks so much. I hate to be stressing like this but just so afraid something is going to go wrong or that someone is taking me for a ride. :) And to think I used to be so naive?!?! :) THANKS AGAIN!

You're welcome. I've actually booked to stay there in November again. I've stayed previously in both CP and CPGV and really don't have a preference since it's a small enough complex you can walk to any of the 3 pools regardless of which side/building you're in. And I've never made any requests ahead of time, just asked nicely at check-in and have always been fine. Granted it's not the busiest time of year (not sure when you're going?), but they've always seemed to try to help get me a pool view or whatever.

lorilori...Did you book CP through alpharooms also? It really doesn't sound like I'll have a preference for CP vs CPGV...but my DD (12) and little sis might if there is one pool that is better then the other? We will be checking in 6/7th for 9 days. Hopefully we can beat SOME of the heat...not very likely though. :)

That's great to hear that they are so accomodating at check in. I have heard great reviews about this place but not such great reports on the friendliness of the staff...hopefully that won't be our experience. I will say I've had GREAT service from Kito in reservations. He just called me back again to make sure everything was ok since he hadn't gotten my fax yet. I explained to him the response I got from alpharooms and he did admit he hasn't dealt with them in the past but would be happy to help us out any way he can. I'm still not feeling totally at ease but I doubt I will until I get there and actually check in. :) Just the way I am.

Hi, I was also looking at alpharooms.com . Have not booked yet, i did email them to see if the 2 bedroom apartment as they put it is the grande villa. Can someone clear this up for me, what is the difference between CPR and CPGV? Do both have the kitchen, master with a king bed, second room with two twins and a pull out in the living area with a full kitchen? Is there the same amount of living space in both? From what I have read the only difference is the elevators at CPGV? What is the two bedroom referred to as at CPR? Any help clarifying this would be appretiated. Is CPR nicer because it was redone most recently?:)

Hi, I was also looking at alpharooms.com . Have not booked yet, i did email them to see if the 2 bedroom apartment as they put it is the grande villa. Can someone clear this up for me, what is the difference between CPR and CPGV? Do both have the kitchen, master with a king bed, second room with two twins and a pull out in the living area with a full kitchen? Is there the same amount of living space in both? From what I have read the only difference is the elevators at CPGV? What is the two bedroom referred to as at CPR? Any help clarifying this would be appretiated. Is CPR nicer because it was redone most recently?:)

This should help - compares both phases. We have stayed in both and have been very happy. Going back to CP in April again! Anything will be better than the -40 wind chill we've had here :)

http://cypresspointe.net/phase.html

Sorry - forgot to add I believe the tennis courts in Phase 1 (CP) have been taken out. A new laundry/maintenance building as been added in that spot. The clubhouse lobby is also currently going under a remodel. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the link, my husband an I just found it also! Seems like either would be just fine and at such a great price $71 a night!!!

You are very welcome.
Winn Dixie is only a block or two away depending on what unit you are in. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter