Help Coronado or Pop?

jgperkin

DIS Veteran
Ok YOU ARE GOING TO THINK I AM NUTS! OK! Maybe not! We are going to Disney May 15 - 25 and staying at Wilderness Lodge. I just booked flights tonight with my girlfriend for Aug 25 - Sept 1. I know! I know! So close! BUT SO EXCITED!

Here is our parties

Her and her husband and son 9

Me, my husband and daughter 5

A. Pop
B. Coronado

Also, trying to keep it simple and hoping for free dining!

May trip is a bit pricey! :):thumbsup2

I don't think this is too close, I go twice a year and I am always looking forward to the next trip a month after the last. I would say POP because I really enjoyed my one trip I stayed there and I probably will stay again someday. CSR is a resort I have never stayed at because I visit there every trip and no one is ever friendly- I have had many times no one has ever sad even a single word to us. I am all about service and I never get enough to want to stay there on my next trip no matter how many times I have tried.
CSR will probably have better food though and margaritas.

Personally, we don't like the values--too crowded and too noisy. The CSR is our favorite Disney resort. That being said, ask yourselves this first: Are you only using the resort for sleeping/showering? If so, then stay at the value, If you plan on spending a lot of time at the resort, then I would go with the CSR.

We have stayed at the CSR seven times (including our 25th anniversary trip this past September) and have had seven nearly perfect visits. From mousekeeping to the CM's at registration, to the pool bar bartender, the lifeguards, the restaurant staff, everyone has been extremely helpful and gone above and beyond for us. We love the spread out feel of the resort as it never feels crowded; we love the option of the quiet pool or the main pool, the hot tub, the fitness center/spa, the volleyball court, etc.

It really does depend what you're looking for. We've stayed at both Pop and CSR. We really didn't like POP as we're a young couple, no kids, and felt like there was just 24/7 craziness nonstop! CSR is very laidback and relaxing with a distinct beach resort atmosphere. We absolutely love it. However, we will probably try Pop again once we have children and aren't interested in having a more subdued vacation.

I personally hate CSR...The CM's that I've encountered are rude...I stayed there a total of 10 days on my last visit and I have nothing nice to say about my experience there.

My sister stayed there after my visit and she had the same opinion. That is one place I would never stay at again!

Normally I say pick anything over a value, but with the kids you're going with, I'd say maybe POP. Like other posters have said, it depends on what you'll be using the resort for.

It is a tough decision, comparing apples to oranges...both resorts, but entirely different.

As others have said, if it is a trip not spending much time at the resort and very budget friendly then POP.

We like both resorts - POP for a long budget weekend, but CSR for a beautiful relaxing experience.

Your little ones might enjoy POP more, but kids love the parks so much anyway...and CSR has a fabulous pool area!

Good luck with your decision...and have fun!!! :goodvibes

I vote for Pop!! :goodvibes

I think the kids will love the theming, it's got a fantastic food court, & I find CSR a bit....well, stuffy & uninteresting.

I would go with CSR mainly for the difference in the comfort of the rooms. There are a few other reasons also:

CSR:

queen beds
2 sinks
privacy curtain
fridge in room
more square footage in room
very relaxing atmosphere
great pool with fun slide

POP:

double beds
1 sink
no privacy curtain
no fridge
smaller room
busy atmosphere
fun pool/no slide

We've stayed at both & the bus transportation was fine at both. They are both large resorts. CSR may have more walking, but I don't see that as an issue when choosing a resort.

I've stayed at both. I'd go with CSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter