Help - Christmas gift ideas for co-workers

LiLPrincess

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to come up with a gift idea for 10 co-workers. I would like to stay in the $5-$10 range. Last year I gave Aromatique simmer bags in their cinnamon Christmas scent for $8.

It was perfect! Just a little something simple, and something men and women could both enjoy.

Ideas? Help?

Do you have a Panera Bread by you? A $10 GC is a perfect amount for a coworker to go have lunch!

A couple of the things that I have done are:

A small box of candy/chocolates with a lottery ticket attached

Bring in lunch for everyone. A sandwich ring with chips and a side salad along with some cookies/goodies seems to make everyone happy.

Gift cards

We are doing a secret santa gift exchange and all the gifts need to be between $5-10 too.

I have a good friend of mine at work so she is easy but here are my ideas

A bottle of shimmer lotion from B&BW ( got these when they were $5)
Matching Shower Gel from B&BW
Qdoba gift certificate for lunch
Starbucks gift certificate for on the way to work
Box of Chocolates

Movie baskets are always good .... popcorn bowl (bought plastic red bowls after xmas last year from Walmart$2.50-not the flimsy ones, the double ones), $1 DVD's (from Walmart), microware popcorn (buy big boxes and split up), $1 boxes of movie candy (from Dollar tree or on sale at CVS?), and I added a couple plastic popcorn boxes ($1 @target). Then you just need some see through wrap and bow.

I also bought 8 extra of the small plastic popcorn boxes and added only one movie, one or two popcorn, and one candy (or several different types of small boxes (like halloween candy). These were for people I didn't want to put a lot in, but wanted to give them something. Extra popcorn/DVD and you have $5 in it.

One year I did a warm & cozy gift with coffee mugs, plenty of cocoa w/marshmellows, some pepperidge farm cookies, and a fleece throw.

I look for items like the ratcheting screwdrivers with several different tips for $5 from Home Depot Friday.

I'd go the everyone at one time gift like hit a starbucks in morning before work and get a coffee box with all the fixings & some snacks they sell cakes by the box then if you still want to do something in the 6-10 range you can still pick up a mug for each of your coworkers. I'd talk to the manager and ask if you were to purchase 10 mugs if they can give you a discount you'll be suprised it never hurts to ask.

If no one has scent issues, and everyone celebrates Christmas, Bed, Bath and Beyond has 4 packs of Yankee Candle votives, plus a plush ornament for $10.

I work for a home health agency and everyone seems to bring in stuff ranging from post its, snacks, etc. I go with what my budget seems to fit that year and what I can find. There are about 30 people :scared1:

I have done:
Dunkin Donuts Coffee Singles (brews a pot) 0.99 each - left a basketful for everyone to help themselves. You could also bring in a box of Joe and bagels and cream cheese/butters/jelly for everyone to enjoy then and take the coffee singles home for later.

We have a Pepperidge Farm outlet nearby and I found Milano cookies in a 2 pack for 4/$1 so I bought a bunch of those, bought a couple boxes of coffee singles (Maxwell House/Folgers sells - looks like a tea bag) and packaged them up pretty with cellophance bags from the Dollar Store. Nice little snack during the day.

For the immediate office girls I work with - last year I gave them each a pound bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee - they usually go on sale for 2/$10 around this time and you can get any flavor.

This year I got the Glade Flameless candles from Target when they were on sale cheap and were giving you a $5 gift card with purchase so they were almost free :woohoo: and I found ceramic pottery mugs on clearance for $0.25 each and will fill those with chocolate for the nurses.

My DH does Lindt Chocolates for each of his co-workers and now they have the big bags 2/$20. Depending on how many you need you get a free plush animal holding chocolates free - reindeer if you spend $50, snowman if you spend $100 - so it's another gift off the list if you spend that much. ALSO they have a "lindt" club card and you get free chocolate by making purchases (I qualified for a free bar - think large Cadbury size - that will make a nice stocking stuffer for DH).

Have you checked QVC? They have cute Christmas candles. Another idea is the reed diffuser w/oil if you can find a deal on them somewhere.

Gift jar mixes are easy to make and not expensive. Check out the jar recipes at recipegoldmine.com .

Or look for holiday mini loaf pans. I've seen them at our Garden Ridge and in ads for Christmas Tree Shops. They cost about $1. Bake pumpkin or banana bread in them and wrap with plastic wrap and a bow.

How about cake mix cookies on a little holiday plate? These don't cost much and they're really good.

I am doing a breadcover that you can purchase at your local craft store. Its aida cloth and I'm doing counted cross stitch on it with a simple christmas saying "Merry Christmas" with a wreath. Then I will probably fill it with home baked cookies. Very simple but yummy!

At my sisters work they all exchange gifts at $5 each (9 co-workers). Everyone tries to get creative, to see who can give the most for $5. Last year my sister gave Disney Store Coffee Mugs. This year she bought 12 pks of washcloths from Kohl's @ $2.49 (3 sets) and 9 B&BW Anti bacterial soaps for $2.50 each. So each co-worker will get a soap and 4 washcloths each. So $7.50 for washcloths + $22.50 for soaps=$30. She spent less than $5 per co-worker!!!

A few years ago, a co-worker of mine gave all of us in the office the same gift, which I thought was unique and creative. She gave everyone a gorgeous (fancy and holiday-ish) dessert size plate from Pier One, with a miniature homemade rum cake (with recipe), wrapped with clear cellophane and tied with a pretty ribbon and silver snowflake ornament.

Have you checked QVC? They have cute Christmas candles.

I agree! I got candles from QVC a few years ago that were fantastic. It was 6 candles(different scents), plus tag, tissue paper and decorative box. All for under $30! The tag, paper and box matched each candle. Really cute for the women in the office.

For the men, I got stainless steel coffee travel mugs for about $5 and added a starbucks or dunkin donuts gift card.

ETA: Okay. I just went on QVC to look for the candles I mentioned above. I found this instead. Mrs. Prindables set of 12 Apples w/ ornaments. For around $45(s&h inc) or under $4 each. They are each individually wrapped in a holiday bag with gift tag and ornament. These look really good.
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...re=BARS-_-TSV-_-M16088&cm_sp=TSV-_-HP-_-IMAGE
m16088.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter