• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help choosing Interval resort.

disney dad165

Earning My Ears
Hello all, I am looking for advice on picking an Interval International timehare resort to use as a base for my families October vacation to Disney World. My wife and I along with our 11 year old daughter will spend most of our time at the Disney parks but will take a few days to explore the area. I like the looks and reviews for Marriott's Cypress Harbor but I am unsure of the practicality of of traveling daily to Disney World from there. Has any one stayed There are exchanges open for almost all Interval resorts for my travel dates and any advise you could give me would be great.

We have stayed at several Interval resorts in the area. Our most recent booked is Sheraton Vistana Resort and we are excited to try it out. I do not think you can go wrong with any of the Marriott Properties. Some are bigger then others so there is a personal preference to which you prefer. We have stayed at Marriott Harbor Lakes and loved it. Smaller then Cypress Harbor. We also have stayed at the Marriott Grande Vista. Very nice but a very large resort. We have also stayed at Parkway International, Liki Tiki and the Blue Tree Resort and enjoyed each one. None of those had the high end feel of the Marriott resorts though. If you share what it is you are looking for in a resort that may help narrow down your options. The only ones I refuse to stay at are any Westgate properties. We have had very negative experiences with the two Westagate properties we stayed at.

We have stayed at the Grand Vista. It is an easy ride to Disney. We uber from there. For a regular uber it is in the $10 - $12 range to get to the boardwalk. Beautiful resort!!!

We, too, are timeshare owners that exchange with II
Have stayed at all of the Marriott timeshares except Lakeshore Reserve.
For closeness to Disney- the "Palms" can't be beat. Royal has good layout but further from World center main pool. Does have the market though. Sabal is a very short easy walk to world center pool (which is just awesome!) but the layout is a bit weird-step down into living room, big glass blocks in bathroom (main) that let in ALL light. Does have two beds in second bedroom though (a plus for our kids). Imperial is like royal, three bedroom (haven't stayed here since '90's though)
Harbour Lake is nice, across road from Cypress. HL has a nice pool and activities, but we found the units smaller than the other properties (stayed there when it was pretty new, so unsure of any expansion units size).
Grande Vista is gorgeous Resort, with spacious units, but depending on building-could be a hike to main pools. The main pools are really nice, separate area for younger kids, great poolside market and bar.

Cypress Harbour though, is our favorite. We are returning here in June (the only Marriott we've done repeat stay at). THe grounds are beautiful, the staff is great, the main and quiet pools are so much better landscaped and have secluded hot tubs. The kids activities staff at all resorts are good, but we really really loved the staff here. By far my favorite layout of units too. Free put put golf (which my son insisted on daily). Basketball court, shuffleboard we just love this resort. Boat shuttle ride to main pool if you are on other side of lake. Can't wait to get back here.

All are very easy drives though. Many times we were back a outpr villa before resorts guests were back in their rooms (yes I time it. Was just at all star sports and the waiting on bus and walk back to room was over 40 minutes from Animal Kingdom -the closest park!)

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

We've stayed at the Grande Vista- it's a great, easy commute to Disney. No I-4- just Int'l Dr to World Center Dr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter