Help Choosing Hotel - Contemporary or AofA Family Suite..

trauva

Earning My Ears
I am going to Disney in April for a work conference at the Contemporary Resort. We get the meeting rate for a trip beforehand, where my husband and son will join me. The meeting rate is about $250 a night.

I was looking online in preparation for picking meals, and I saw some of the newer deals that run through when we'll be there, and the AofA family suite caught my eye, mainly because my son is 4 and obsessed with Nemo and Cars. The family suite ends up being about $200 more in total than the contemporary will. So since this is his first trip, and we' really will only be there for 4 days, what are the pros and cons?

I know I can't do everything, but I want this to be as "magical" as I can make it for him.. Help :)

That is a steal at the Contemporary!!!!!! Personally that would be my pick. Also Monorail runs thru it and the Magic Kingdom is a short walk or monorail ride away!

Art of Animation is a truly immersive Disney resort. My whole family loves the theming. I would say you have a tough decision to make! The location of the Contemporary Resort is amazing! It is the only resort where you can walk to the Magic Kingdom. Plus the monorail and easy access to really fun character meals. Chef Mickeys is right at the Contemporary with our favorite breakfast buffet! Art of Animation has you surrounded in Disney theming. We spent an entire morning taking pictures as we walked around the resort. The Big Blue is a very fun pool and the Nemo splash pad rocks! I would recommend you think about what is most important to you. Is it location? Or theming? How much time will you spend at the resort? Let us know if you have more questions! Hope that helps!

Hands down Contemporary. We are comparing a deluxe resort to a value and there simply isn't a comparison. While the theming is cute at AoA, the rooms themselves are really uncomfortable and you are quite removed from the parks.

Contemporary is one of the original WDW hotels. The monorail goes right through it. You can have a meal with Mickey and the gang. Watch the electric water pageant and Wishes from the resort and walk to MK. It is memorable and quite a special experience and for $250 a night, it's a steal.

Contemporary. Besides the great price, being able to walk to MK, being on the monorail, a boat ride to Ft Wilderness nuff said.

When I was a kid we stayed at the Contemporary. Of course, there weren't as many options. But I can say that I absolutely LOVED everything about being there. I loved the monorail going through the building. I loved watching the water pageant sea monster thingy (that's what we called it) from our room. I loved the pools. I loved the access to the speed boats. I loved the big mural with the 5 legged goat. And I loved all the restaurants! Without a doubt, you should do Contemporary. The price will be the best you could ever imagine getting. The price is the ONLY reason I don't think I"ll ever stay there again. Go for it! Do AoA on another trip.

I just did this! We are going October next year. We get a Military room discount. I had originally booked AoA family suite but had my TA look up the contemporary for me and it was LESS then AoA. So we switched to the contemporary. For us it is way more convenient because my husband is disabled. We have 1yr old and 5yr old. They won't care about the room because regardless you are at Disney World!

Not sure if there is a private message application on this blog. We are going to WDW in February 2016 for the 1st time. My in laws are coming with us and are retired military. I am trying to plain our trip and have been looking at Contemporary. I know most deluxe resorts get 40% off but I didn't see that on on the list. What was the rate?

I just did this! We are going October next year. We get a Military room discount. I had originally booked AoA family suite but had my TA look up the contemporary for me and it was LESS then AoA. So we switched to the contemporary. For us it is way more convenient because my husband is disabled. We have 1yr old and 5yr old. They won't care about the room because regardless you are at Disney World!

Not sure if there is a private message application on this blog. We are going to WDW in February 2016 for the 1st time. My in laws are coming with us and are retired military. I am trying to plain our trip and have been looking at Contemporary. I know most deluxe resorts get 40% off but I didn't see that on on the list. What was the rate?

When our kids were younger, the trip that stands out in my mind is when we stayed at CR. I'll never forget the look on my kids' faces when we sat down at their favorite restaurant (Chef Mickeys) and the monorail went right through!! Of course, the views from that floor are amazing -- the first time is always the most special and we'll never forget that trip. One of our favorite things to do was walk to MK at night knowing that we wouldn't have to deal with crowds when we left because we could simply walk back to CR. We could watch Wishes right from MK or else right from CR. Amazing!

In your case, that price for CR is quite a steal and I'd jump on that. With only 4 days there, you'd probably also appreciate the convenience of being located right next to MK, and also staying right where your conference is.

Have fun!

Once you post a certain amount of times I believe it will allow you to private message. But the regular price posted on the website was about $380 a night we are getting it for less then $260 a night.

I am going to Disney in April for a work conference at the Contemporary Resort. We get the meeting rate for a trip beforehand, where my husband and son will join me. The meeting rate is about $250 a night.

I was looking online in preparation for picking meals, and I saw some of the newer deals that run through when we'll be there, and the AofA family suite caught my eye, mainly because my son is 4 and obsessed with Nemo and Cars. The family suite ends up being about $200 more in total than the contemporary will. So since this is his first trip, and we' really will only be there for 4 days, what are the pros and cons?

I know I can't do everything, but I want this to be as "magical" as I can make it for him.. Help :)

Easiest question I've seen in a long time.
Contemporary is a "deluxe" hotel with a fantastic location. You can walk to the Magic Kingdom if you want. And there is nothing more magical than having the monorail pass through your hotel.

AoA may be nicely themed, but it's still more the equivalent of a Super8 motor lodge, poorly located (relying 100% on buses).

The only reason to choose an AoA suite would be to save money, or have such a big family that you don't fit into a Contemporary room. If the Contemporary is cheaper.... It's not even a question.

I would say for that rate, and for only 4 days, definitely Contemporary. But we found the AoA rooms very comfortable, so I would suggest a future stay for your Cars-loving DS. I ADORE the Cozy Cones :)

Contemporary. Such an easy decision. No contest.

One of the three best deluxe resorts on property vs a value resort. Even considering AoA's great themes, the CR is definitely the better choice - even for lots more money.

For less money? I would book it NOW!

Lucky you! Enjoy!

Adding to the already majority opinion: Contemporary. Yes the cartoons might be cool at AOA, but the level of services at a deluxe vs a value plus the added benefit of the best location at WDW means that you should absolutely do the Contemporary. Like others have said, you can check out AOA in the future when you don't have the great discounted rate at CR. Take advantage of that awesome price while you can!

Sorry to jump in on this, but I was literally coming to the hotel thread to ask the EXACT same question! Would anybody change their mind, if the kids changed to 3 (ages 14, 12, & 9), just for the extra space part. My 14 year old thinks we should do AofA since there will be more room. CR is about $20 cheaper for their standard that sleeps 5. But, like everyone else is saying, I love the idea of being that close to MK.

Sorry to jump in on this, but I was literally coming to the hotel thread to ask the EXACT same question! Would anybody change their mind, if the kids changed to 3 (ages 14, 12, & 9), just for the extra space part. My 14 year old thinks we should do AofA since there will be more room. CR is about $20 cheaper for their standard that sleeps 5. But, like everyone else is saying, I love the idea of being that close to MK.

In THIS situation, I would look at 2 rooms at a value resort. Less expensive and a wider range of options (all of the value resorts). 4 beds, 2 bathrooms, etc.

For the OP Contemporary HANDS DOWN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter