Help Choosing a Downtown Disney Hotel

andrea2289

Mouseketeer
Coffee coffee and more coffee lol

I have spent 'many' hours reading this forum and LOVE it! You guys make this whole trip-planning job much easier!!

After weighing all the option, family of four with two teens, I think this time we'd like to stay at DD.

The hotel we choose is uber important to us, mainly the beds. Out of the seven hotels down there, Hilton looks the closest, but it is also the priciest!

We like the idea of a suite, but the beds at Doubletree didn't look like anything all that great.

Also, is Mousesavers the best place to find good rates/codes for these hotels?

Oh we are going in May :yay: but I don't know how to do all those cool clock/ticker thingys!! LOL

Thank you thank you thank you!

Hilton has some distinct advantages. Mainly the EMH hours which are very nice. It's probably the nicest hotel being a hotel associated with a large chain with a good reputatino.

I found the beds at Royal Plaza to be fine. The BEST beds in the area are at the Swan. If I were going for bed comfort only I would go there or the Dolphin. (They aren't my favorite hotels, but they do have the best beds LOL! Housekeeping IMHO is hit or miss... Rooms are clean, but on some days they just seem to "Forget" rooms)

I've stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin. They do have the wonderful heavenly beds and we have had great housekeeping, much better than Disney Deluxes. You can call to the desk and request to have your room cleaned at a certain time, like when you are at the park.

I've stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin. They do have the wonderful heavenly beds and we have had great housekeeping, much better than Disney Deluxes. You can call to the desk and request to have your room cleaned at a certain time, like when you are at the park.

Heck, I would have settled for ANYTIME. Seriously, the last three times I have stayed on one day for each stay the room was not cleaned. :rotfl2: (And of course it's late by the time I get back and realize this)

I guess the secret is you have to call and ask for a certain time?? :lmao:

We really like the Hilton (and will be staying there 3/31-4/7) Yeah!
It is the closest to DD and is the only non-Disney hotel to offer the extra magic hours. My DD13 and DD10 (and me) really like the free breakfast and all day snacks on the tower floor. Ask for a room with 2 sinks--makes a big difference with a bunch of girls! They also have junior suites. Oh-the pool area is a big hit too. After 4 stays, we have never been disappointed and are counting down till next week!

Well after reading allll day, I have decided to definately do either Doubletree or Hilton at DTD. I kept going back and forth thinking I wanted to do the dining plan, but after reading a LOT of reviews I think we'll do fine without it. Like I said in my other posts, we aren't big eaters anyway. I am so glad to hear good reviews on both hotels.

The toss up is between the extra room the suite will provide or the fact that we just love Hiltons and it looks beautiful.

I always stays at DTD, so you may also consider this.

The Doublethree is right across the street from the Crosswalk dining district (5 min walk).

The Hilton is right across the street to Downtown Disney.There are approx, a 20 min walk between these hotels.(25 min walk from Hilton to the Crosswalk dining district).:cool1:

The Crosswalk have Mc Donalds, Tacobell, Burgerking, Pizzehut, Pebbles, Dennys, and some good stakehouse`s, and a very good Pizza place that i cannot remember the name of. There`s also a very large Groosery store there.(Goodings) :thumbsup2

Sometimes travelzoo.com, have some very good deals on Hotels there:banana: .

Have a MAGICAL TIME

Roger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter