HELP! Cheddar Cheese Soup Question...

oogieboogie

<font color=darkgreen>If all else fails... reboot!
I'm making Le Cellier's Cheddar Cheese Soup to bring to work tomorrow for our potluck lunch. According to the recipe, the cheese and the beer goes in at the last 15 minutes.

If I make the other stuff tomorrow morning and put it in a crockpot, when should I put the cheese and the beer in?

Can I put the cheese and the beer before I go to work or should I put it in sometime before 11:30am (when lunch starts)?

If I put the cheese in the morning before I go to work, will it be OK in the crockpot?

Help... please. TIA :)

Since it is work the beer needs to cook long enough to loose the alcohol So I would put it in 30min before serving and I would have it at room temp so not to cool off the soup. The cheese will melt when you stir it in if it is shredded, so I wouldn't do it early just so it wouldn't overcook and curddle. I am not a chef, just a old married lady. I know you will get raves, let us know how it goes

Can you share this recipe? I would love to make this also!

I got it off Allearsnet:

http://allearsnet.com/din/rec_ched.htm

and it turned out really good. I used sharp cheddar cheese instead of the white cheddar since I couldn't find any. I also used LaBatt Blue for the beer. I took it to work and it was gone in 2 days! It reheated quite well too in the crock pot.

I just had this soup a week ago today, sitting in Le Cellier. I think I might have to make a batch this holiday season!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter