HELP! Charges for Dinner reservation?

epraschil

Earning My Ears
I really don't want to call WDW again for the millionth time so I am hoping someone can help me. I made reservations for Hoop Dee Doo and they asked for a credit card to hold the reservation. They explained if I needed to cancel, to call within 48hrs. I explained I was on the dining plan and that we would be using our vouchers.

Just received CC bill and they have charged my account. When we go, they will ccredit my account if we cancel or if we use vouchers, right?

Also, my friend has a reservation at Cinderella's castle for 4 and has offered us two (her son and hubby don't want to go) They have charged her CC already but once we get there can I use my vouchers (she is not on the dining plan) and they credit her CC?

HELP!!! So confusing!

I was on the dining plan when I ate at CRT. They never charged my card- though they did take the number as a hold. As far as I know they're not supposed to charge you - but this was also a yr and 1/2 ago - maybe things have changed. Hopefully someone can give you a more recent answer.

We went to the Hoop De Doo last summer on the dining plan and the same thing happened. Call them back right away, they were NOT supposed to charge your card. It takes awhile to get the credit, but ours eventually was fixed.

I really don't want to call WDW again for the millionth time so I am hoping someone can help me. I made reservations for Hoop Dee Doo and they asked for a credit card to hold the reservation. They explained if I needed to cancel, to call within 48hrs. I explained I was on the dining plan and that we would be using our vouchers.

Just received CC bill and they have charged my account. When we go, they will ccredit my account if we cancel or if we use vouchers, right?

Also, my friend has a reservation at Cinderella's castle for 4 and has offered us two (her son and hubby don't want to go) They have charged her CC already but once we get there can I use my vouchers (she is not on the dining plan) and they credit her CC?

HELP!!! So confusing!

First, Disney should not have charged you for the Hoop Dee Doo. If you are on the dining plan, they should have only used it as a CC guarantee. If you do not show, they would charge you the penalty.

The Cinderella's will be a little more tricky because technically the dining "vouchers" are non-transferrable. The best thing to do would be to transfer the reservation into YOUR name and then you would be able to "treat" them to breakfast. Keep in mind that your travel party has "to match". For example, if your travel party is 2 adults and 1 child, then you would NOT be able to charge 2 adults and 2 children. I hope that makes sense.

:)

They didn't charge any of ours, just took the number in case of a no show or late cancellation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter