Help! CBR or POFQ??

Love2Roam

Earning My Ears
We previously stayed at POFQ and loved the small size and short walk to the buses but didn't love the food choices. We (myself, DH and DS4) are thinking of changing to CBR for the food court and the pools for our November trip. This resort looks HUGE and after staying at SSR previously and not liking how sprawled out it was and how crowded the pool was we are hesitant. Anyone been to both and have an opinion? Are there any 'better' building choices at CBR that are close to everything?

Thanks in advance :)

We've stayed at both and prefer POFQ by FAR. The atmosphere at FQ was much more to our liking (and we had problems at CBR, outside room door not locking...things that are "real" problems, not just a guest perception kwim, we were treated like we were putting them out to get our room door fixed asap:sad2:).

I have to give two big thumbs up to the main pool though. If you have little ones that love the pool and look forward to it just as much as they do the parks then CBR is worth trying. It is a huge resort though especially when you get used to FQ.

We've stayed at both and prefer POFQ by FAR. The atmosphere at FQ was much more to our liking (and we had problems at CBR, outside room door not locking...things that are "real" problems, not just a guest perception kwim, we were treated like we were putting them out to get our room door fixed asap:sad2:).

I have to give two big thumbs up to the main pool though. If you have little ones that love the pool and look forward to it just as much as they do the parks then CBR is worth trying. It is a huge resort though especially when you get used to FQ.

Did I write this post? Everything you said is what I was going to write. With my experience, POFQ is by far better than CBR. We also had problems with CBR on both of our stay.. but later learned, that CBR just won't grow on me.. But learned how much I appreciate the New Orleans/Mardi Gras theme and how lovely and compact the resort is.

We've stayed at both. Kinda like the theming at CBR more, though love the smallness of POFQ. Also like the CBR rooms better.

Definitely think the CBR food court is better, has more variety than POFQ. Also the pool is great. Have not found it to be too crowded. For kids, would say it's a more fun pool, too!
Buses were fine also - just did 5 nights this past Nov/Dec and was really impressed.
Yes, CBR is big - the only way we stay there is if we get a preferred room. We request Martinique.
I'd say give it a try!

oh, really the one thing I DON'T like is the custom house to check in/out of. Checking in isn't bad - if arriving with luggage they'll put you and luggage on a van and take you right to your room - or w/o luggage you take the shuttle bus.
checking out I think is a pain - gotta get all the way back to custom house to deal with luggage and DME. So as far as that all goes... prefer POFQ where you walk in and there is lobby, bell services, check in desk, bar, food court - all right there.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am leaning towards staying w/ our POFQ reservation for the small size and convenience. Still kicking it around a little though. Again - appreciate all your responses :)

We just upgraded to CBR. We love POfQ but my Dh thinks the pool would be way better for the kids at CBR. We have 3 resort days so that was important to us. But the resort is big and I'm fully prepared for that.

We LOVE POFQ! :cheer2:
Everything is nice and compact so nothing is far to walk to, plus only 1 bus stop with great transportation! I love the quaint relaxing atmosphere of the resort too, the grounds are just beautiful and then there's the nice boat access to DTD. We just love it!!!!!!!!
:love:

I say try another resort, if you like the tropical theme you will like CBR. Get a preferred room if you are worried about the size of the resort. The pool is way better than POFQ.

I've stayed at both and although POFQ is small and nice, I wouldn't stay there again. The food court is by far the weakest I have seen at Disney, and honestly there is nothing really to this resort. Sure it is themed like Old Town New Orleans, but it has the feel of a dressed up Days Inn to me. At least at CBR you get the beach and feel like you are actually at a resort. The pool is great and there a lot more food choices at the food court. Sure there are more bus stops, but unless it is a peak time when you go, the POFQ shares a bus with POR. Again, the POFQ is nice, I just think the other moderates are better.

However, if you stay at the CBR definitely request a preferred room. If you get one of the close buildings, the walk to the food court is not bad at all. If you get the wrong building, you can end up walking a long way.

We have stayed at both and if I had to choose, I would go back to POFQ. I thought the grounds were nice at CBR, but I was not impressed with the rooms. Ours was kind of musty smelling. ick. Also, we could not have been farther from the food court. I think we were in Barbados, could be wrong. If you stay I would pay for a preferred room. While the walk was nice, when you have a little one with you it really slows you down and eats up alot of time. I think the right location at CBR means alot.

We have stayed in both, several times. There is not a HUGE difference in regards to food choices in the food court. As far as "closeness", I do think the CBR is marginally more "spread out". We've stayed in very building in CBR and didn't find any of them to be unbearably far from the bus stops and food court EXCEPT for Trinidad South. TO US is seemed very far away from the food court and we found that many times, it's bus stop gets skipped by in the mornings because it's already full by the time it gets there. When staying there, we actually request "any building BUT Trinidad South."

We have stayed at both and if we stack the pros and cons of each they come out about the same for us. CBR is big and has more of a resort feel for sure, the food choices are better and the main pool is fun for the kids. Without a preferred location you definitely can do some walking versus POFQ. Bus service was slightly above average for our trip.

POFQ by comparison is small and lacks a resort feel. I would say everything there just seems to be a little simpler. Dining options are smaller, pool is smaller (though the slide is a hit). The smaller size makes walks to anything quick and easy. Bus service for us was below average and thats what would make us not go back, we did not share with POR either then, just long waits everywhere. The boat service to DTD is a plus for a relaxing time. We do love the beignets at the food court but everything else is simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter