Help Calm Me Down

tbrenk

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip with our good friends to Disney next April..which we all thought was the week before Easter.

My friend is a teacher and said that they had off the same week next year as this year for break, which is the week before Easter. Great..the plans start rolling and I find us a beautiful home in Emerald Island. We are due to arrive 4/7 and check out on 4/15 which is Easter Sunday. I am happy that we will be there BEFORE Easter and am thinking the crowds, lines, etc will be lighter than if we went after Easter.

I am looking at a post over on the Transportation board today and come to find out that Easter is 4/8, no 4/15. So, our school districh now has the week AFTER Easter off.

I quickly email the home owner and see if we can check in a day early - still waiting to hear back from him.

I guess I am more nervous now about the crowds and the airline ticket prices. Am I am being paranoid or do I have reason for concern? Are the crowds crazy Easter week? Are the airline tickets crazy too?

I was there on the 15th this year at MGM -- day before Easter and the crowds weren't out of control as you would expect. There were quite a few people there, but nothing like the middle of the summer or xmas! Calm down---enjoy your trip and take it as it comes!

Now, I've been the week after Easter (once in 2002). MK closed for a few hours to offsite guests 3 times that week. So, it was as busy as the Christmas holiday. It was just a lot hotter that Christmas. Now, I swore I'd never go at a holiday again, but I guess it must of not really of been that bad because we're trying to put together a Christmas trip this year.

I think anytime between President and end of April will be busy. We went in March this year during the midwest's spring break and it was crazy. Our friends went in April during Maine's school break and it was also very busy. He said the only good thing was MK was open from Midnight to 3am for onsite guests (he has teenagers). Airline tickets do tend to more expensive from your regional airports during spring breaks so I would book early. Even though it was busy we had a great time and we are planning on going back again next March. Have a good trip and have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter