Help! Booking for 2019, but not sure who is cruising with me

Principessa1284

<font color=royalblue>The girl whose MIL brought h
Hi friends - I have a question. I saw that the 2019 itineraries posted and will be available to book next week! I don't want to clog up their phone lines to call and ask. I'm looking to book as Alaskan for July of 2019, but I have NO idea who will be able to come with me at this stage. It will be either my boyfriend, or a friend, or my mom. No one is sure of their vacation availability a year and a half away, so I won't know until probably early next year who can go.

My question is, should I book my boyfriend (who we're really hoping can go) and if he can't go, cancel him off and add either my friend or my mom? Or should I just book it as cruising alone, and add the 2nd person when we're sure of who is coming along? And do we have until the paid in full date (which I think is 90 days out on a 7 day Alaskan, so April 2019?) to decide? TIA!!!

if you think 4 people will go, then I would book for 4 people. If you add them later, it will be at the rate available on that day. Alaska cruise prices are likely to increase, and depending on the cabin you choose, you may not even be able to add people later. It is much easier to drop people than add them.

Hi friends - I have a question. I saw that the 2019 itineraries posted and will be available to book next week! I don't want to clog up their phone lines to call and ask. I'm looking to book as Alaskan for July of 2019, but I have NO idea who will be able to come with me at this stage. It will be either my boyfriend, or a friend, or my mom. No one is sure of their vacation availability a year and a half away, so I won't know until probably early next year who can go.

My question is, should I book my boyfriend (who we're really hoping can go) and if he can't go, cancel him off and add either my friend or my mom? Or should I just book it as cruising alone, and add the 2nd person when we're sure of who is coming along? And do we have until the paid in full date (which I think is 90 days out on a 7 day Alaskan, so April 2019?) to decide? TIA!!!
Sorry I don't the answer to those questions. I did want to give you the correct info for the PIF Date. Paid in Full Date is 120 days out for the Alaskan cruises as the departure point is from Canada.

Yes my thought is also, book them all. I never knew if my husband and brother would go so I booked 2rooms then it turned out to be my mom and dad daughter and I so we took one room with a window and let the other room go applying that payment to the remaining room. Rooms have assigned lifeboats which appear difficult to switch rooms because of the number of people allowed in each boat.

It sounds like maybe you know its only you and one other person but you don't know who, not 4 people, right? I would book the room with you as the lead guest and add whomever is most likely to go. Changing names later is easy, but adding a person may or may not be. The lead guest MUST travel, or else it counts as a cancellation but the other person can change. The price difference is pretty minimal between one and two - the base fare is essentially the same, you just pay more in taxes and for any add ons you do such as transfers for two instead of one. Then, change it to whomever really is going before your Pay In Full date.

It sounds like maybe you know its only you and one other person but you don't know who, not 4 people, right? I would book the room with you as the lead guest and add whomever is most likely to go. Changing names later is easy, but adding a person may or may not be. The lead guest MUST travel, or else it counts as a cancellation but the other person can change. The price difference is pretty minimal between one and two - the base fare is essentially the same, you just pay more in taxes and for any add ons you do such as transfers for two instead of one. Then, change it to whomever really is going before your Pay In Full date.
I thought about that option, and then tossed aside. I figured they given her enough time to think about it a person would eventually talk themselves into going if they were truly interested in the first place and she should quite likely have three people that would go but probably not four.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter