Help.....booked at POFQ, good price to switch to Wilderness Lodge?

I would switch-your kids will love bunk beds but you & DH will LOVE the queen size bed rather than a full at POFQ.

WL for sure.. its worth every cent more of the 400.00

We stayed at Port Orleans last time.. HATED it.. our fav is WL

I would switch if I were you, ... BUT....

I have stayed at POR when it was Dixie Landings and loved it. Friends of ours have stayed at POFQ with 2 kids about your ages, and they loved the pool at POFQ.

Are you renting a car? If you are relying on the Disney transportation, I would definitely switch to WL, for that perk. But, if you're getting a rental car, AND, you're still questioning the extra money, I don't think you will be disappointed in POFQ.

5 and 7 are such great ages for Disney World. Have Fun!

we have stayed at both resorts and love them both. if you can afford the extra 400 dollars and dont have to remove anything from your vacation plans to pay for the room then i would do it in a heartbeat. the bunk beds give you a little more space in your room and the resort in just beautiful. a big plus is taking the boat over to MK. i think everyone will love that almost as much as an attraction. not having to wait for a bus at MK closing makes for a nice way to end the day

Definitely switch...but I would not get the bunk beds..Opt for 2 doubles.
here is why..

On the bottom bunk you could not see the tv...so guess who had to sleep in bottom bunk???? you guessed it DH...DS and I slept together the whole time.

Maybe it was just my room and it was also 10 yrs ago..so don't know if they fixed this..but we never got bunks again.
it was a cute idea but really not viable

I am in the minority. I say stay at POFQ. $400 is $400 and it's not like you are getting anything MORE by staying at one over the other. POFQ is a very popular moderate resort and your kids will love the Serpent Slide and POR is a very pretty resort. I'd save the $400 and spend it on a fireworks cruise or something special.

We had the same offer for the 1st week in December for $400 upgrade from POR to AKL, we decided to stay at POR. We like being able to have 2 resorts to do stuff at and also the boat to DTD. We spent the extra $400 on MVMCP and a couple character dinners, which our DD will love a lot more.

I would switch. WL is my favorite resort and you are a 5 minute boat ride away from MK. It is the number one resort on Disney property for theming. With your sons ages you'll spend most of your time at MK anyway. The difference between the deluxe amenities is well worth $400 for the week or less than $60 per day. You won't have the opportunity to switch for that price to often so take advantage now and when its a $800 difference between WL and POR stay at POR. Good Luck.

Hi... I was booked at POFQ for my August trip and I got a deal to switch to WL for a little under $400 for six nights (probably same deal you were offered). I have always wanted to stay at WL, in a bunkbed room (we have two boys, 6 & 7) but I could never justify the cost. Well, I couldn't resist the deal. There are obviously more amentities being a deluxe vs. a moderate, but really what sealed the deal is the proximity to MK since we spend so much time there. Oh, and it is the Wilderness Lodge, and did I mention I have always wanted to stay there?

We stayed at POR in 2007, and I have no complaints, except for buses. I would stay at either Port Orleans resort, and I think that the boat to DTD is an awesome benefit of them, but for $400, I would try the deluxe so long as it is in your budget.

As for ADRs, you can still keep them, I have always spread mine out around the World during my stay, maybe try to get WCC at least once. Luckily I had an ADR there before I knew we were staying there. Must have know deep down, lol!

Whatever you do, you will have a great time, I'm sure, so don't stress too much!

Gosh, we are having this very same discussion at our house.
We are booked at POFQ for a week, Dec.3-10.
We can upgrade to AKL or WL for an extra $400 also.
Changing would not take anything away from our trip.
We have purchased the DDP, Park Hopper tickets and are flying in and using Disney Transportation exclusively,which is what we always do.

Last trip we stayed at YC, and for us that is the ultimate location and know that these other three will not duplicate this.

We have a ground floor water view end unit booked at POFQ. We love the theming,small size and the Jazz entertainment on the weekend.
We have two kiddos who will a month shy of 8 and 10. My son is a music instrument nut.
He is also mildly autistic and the access to the outdoors via POFQ and the balcony at AKL are musts. I don't think WL has balcony's do they? But the boat to CR and the electric parade are things I did have not thought about.

Of course the $400, is almost the cost of our DDP or 2 plane tickets or half of our spending money.
The money itself is not an issue, and I do not believe that you can only get the best Disney experience at a Deluxe or that the more it cost the better it must be.
But still, I am pondering the pros and cons of this. I agree $400 for a week upgrade is a great dea;.
But still, it is right before Christmas and Santa would use that $400.
But still , money is not an issue but I do like to be fiscally responsible.
But still, this is our first Christmas trip to Disney.
But Still............... Geesh:surfweb:
I sorta wish I did not have the chance to do it for just $400.
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :santa: :confused:

Gosh, we are having this very same discussion at our house.
We are booked at POFQ for a week, Dec.3-10.
We can upgrade to AKL or WL for an extra $400 also.
Changing would not take anything away from our trip.
We have purchased the DDP, Park Hopper tickets and are flying in and using Disney Transportation exclusively,which is what we always do.

Last trip we stayed at YC, and for us that is the ultimate location and know that these other three will not duplicate this.

We have a ground floor water view end unit booked at POFQ. We love the theming,small size and the Jazz entertainment on the weekend.
We have two kiddos who will a month shy of 8 and 10. My son is a music instrument nut.
He is also mildly autistic and the access to the outdoors via POFQ and the balcony at AKL are musts. I don't think WL has balcony's do they? But the boat to CR and the electric parade are things I did have not thought about.

Of course the $400, is almost the cost of our DDP or 2 plane tickets or half of our spending money.
The money itself is not an issue, and I do not believe that you can only get the best Disney experience at a Deluxe or that the more it cost the better it must be.
But still, I am pondering the pros and cons of this. I agree $400 for a week upgrade is a great dea;.
But still, it is right before Christmas and Santa would use that $400.
But still , money is not an issue but I do like to be fiscally responsible.
But still, this is our first Christmas trip to Disney.
But Still............... Geesh:surfweb:
I sorta wish I did not have the chance to do it for just $400.
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :santa: :confused:

You've got lots of good reason NOT to switch. The big thing for me would be WL at Christmas. It is beautiful. Yes WL does have balconies.

Wow-both resorts are beautiful but I think I would make the switch. WL lodge is great and you are getting it for a great price. You can always plan your next trip for POFQ for the same mod price but you won't get the same deal for WL. Whatever you decide, have a great trip.:wizard:

Yes, the WL does have balcony's. One of my favorite things about the WL was sitting on the balcony of our woods view room and watch the fireowrks pop through the trees while our DS's fell asleep.

I 've stayed at both resorts, and interestly enough I just had the same dilemma.
We are going the beginning of September for just 3 nights, I thought that the POFQ would be nice for my husband and I as he really does not like a lot of walking. He remembered that we had eaten dinner at the WL when we were there for our trip 2 years ago and indicated that he would not mind staying there.
I saw that a room with the woodsview was available with the AP rate, so I pondered for awhile and then went ahead and booked. It will be nice to sit out on the balconey in the am with my coffee and relax, and take the boat over to the MK.
So bottom line is, if the upgrade is in your budget I say go for it.

I called my travel agent yesterday to see if we could make a similar upgrade for our 5 night trip in mid-August, and was told that the upgrade price for POFQ to WL would be $781. I would have done it for $400 though!

GO FOR IT!

As long as it's in your budget, that is.

I agree with the prior posters about putting the money toward the upgrade rather than souvenirs. My DD always forgets about them by the time we get home. God knows how many things are sitting, forgotten, in the bottom of the toybox!

I just love the WL! I find it very homey and comforting, if that makes sense. Having everything under one roof can't be underestimated either! It's just a great environment!

Have fun no matter what you decide!

UPDATE!

Well I emailed my TA and WL is booked up, so we booked at AKL for the same price.
I am really glad we went for the upgrade and we have never stayed at AKL before.
Coincedentally, we already have an ADR at Boma on the evening of the day we arrive, so this works out great.It will be our first time at Boma also.

In fact, we have never even visited AKL on any of our other trips, so I am relly excited about this whole new experience- Christmas and new resort.

Somewhat disappointed that we did not get Wl, but since I've never stayed there won't really be aware of what I am missing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter