HELP!! Boardwalk Inn or Port Orleans Riverside??

SugarPlumFairyUK

Mouseketeer
I have a dilemma that I hope you can all help with... hubby and I currently have two holds on Disney properties for July; a week at the Boardwalk in a standard room, or a week at the POR in a King room (which it states has a garden, river, pool or bayou view). Have read reviews on Internet, and a lot of the reviews for the BW state that the rooms are tired and need updating, I am also a little concerned about the standard view at the BW as I would hate to be facing the parking lot (although I have requested a garden view). The rooms at the POR look nice, it looks as if they have been updated, although I think I will miss the closet for storage.

I like the look of the POR as the grounds look lovely and green, but then the BW is nice and close to Epcot for dining! I can't seem to find many pictures of the BW grounds, but I guess they are limited due to the location at the Epcot area? We got a particularly good deal on the BW (a limited offer on-line that has now finished) which made it around $650 more that the POR so I am also torn with the fact that we may not have the opportunity to stay at the BW in future as it is one of the most expensive deluxe resorts and we are unlikely to get such a good deal again ... As you can see I am in rather a quandary here!

Any help, guidance, views etc. greatly appreciated! Confusing myself with it all...

:confused3

Due to its location I would pick BWI too but room view doesn't matter to me. I have stayed multiple times at the dolphin and being able to walk or take a short ferry ride to two parks is worth it.

Would you consider a split stay to get the best of both? Last year we did AKL/CSR and this year we are doing YC/CBR. This helps satisfy my preference for deluxe and trying out new resorts.

Due to its location I would pick BWI too but room view doesn't matter to me. I have stayed multiple times at the dolphin and being able to walk or take a short ferry ride to two parks is worth it.

Would you consider a split stay to get the best of both? Last year we did AKL/CSR and this year we are doing YC/CBR. This helps satisfy my preference for deluxe and trying out new resorts.

Hi - yes we are splitting in effect as we have the first part of our vacation at the Wilderness Lodge! It's the second part that I'm toying with!!

Have stayed at YC, GF and SS on previous visits.

Sure! We loved BWI, the atmosphere, the location, the pool, how easy it was to walk into World Showcase, the boats, the entertainment on the Boardwalk. There was just something about it there....:lovestruc If it doesn't break your budget I would stay there in a heartbeat. POR was just ok for us when we stayed there in March. We wanted to love it but BWI is one of our favorites.

Sure! We loved BWI, the atmosphere, the location, the pool, how easy it was to walk into World Showcase, the boats, the entertainment on the Boardwalk. There was just something about it there....:lovestruc If it doesn't break your budget I would stay there in a heartbeat. POR was just ok for us when we stayed there in March. We wanted to love it but BWI is one of our favorites.

Thank you!

Also the pool is really nice. We love the bakery for breakfast and being so close to Epcot is wonderful. The rooms and nice and big, just a very nice atmosphere. We also enjoyed walking over to the bc and sitting on the beach at night. :lovestruc

I think you will be very happy at the BWI, no matter what room view you get. Nothing can beat the location and the ability to walk to the International Gateway to get to Epcot. We love the BWI at night as well, so fun to walk around with a drink and watch all the performers. To me the BWI has a great balance of being relaxing but also having a lot of places to go and things to do :goodvibes

POFQ or POR - Definitely!!!!!!!

I just LOVE Port Orleans for the beautiful grounds & fantastic pools & food courts! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter