Help... been way too long .. restaurant help

Eword1004

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone starting to plan for November trip .... I haven't been to Disney since 2011!!!!
I lived on these boards for that trip and it was great .... however I know a lot has changed.
So tell me best places to eat at parks.
Will be me and do and dd10 and ds2 he loves Mickey !!!!
Please give me suggestions of kid friendly places you love and character meals
Thanks !!!!

Hey everyone starting to plan for November trip .... I haven't been to Disney since 2011!!!!
I lived on these boards for that trip and it was great .... however I know a lot has changed.
So tell me best places to eat at parks.
Will be me and do and dd10 and ds2 he loves Mickey !!!!
Please give me suggestions of kid friendly places you love and character meals
Thanks !!!!
AK - Tusker House any meal- Mickey and the gang excellent buffet!
MK - BOG dinner and meet the Beast (and enjoy an amazing meal!
HS - Minnie's Holiday Dine- Santa Goofy hosts, and the gang is dressed in their Christmas finery. Food is better than average buffet and your children should really enjoy it!
Epcot - I would take your daughter to a ppo breakfast at Akershus to meet the princesses, enjoy excellent food, and immediately get in line for Frozen the ride. These are my picks because of the ages and possible interests of your children.

AK - Tusker House any meal- Mickey and the gang excellent buffet!
MK - BOG dinner and meet the Beast (and enjoy an amazing meal!
HS - Minnie's Holiday Dine- Santa Goofy hosts, and the gang is dressed in their Christmas finery. Food is better than average buffet and your children should really enjoy it!
Epcot - I would take your daughter to a ppo breakfast at Akershus to meet the princesses, enjoy excellent food, and immediately get in line for Frozen the ride. These are my picks because of the ages and possible interests of your children.

Thank you !!!! These are great. I had no idea about the Minnie's holiday dine .... is it dinner ??? The only thing is my daughter isn't too too much into princesses anymore .... so not sure about akershus ... we did that when she was 5
Is there anywhere you suggest charecter or normal maybe another MK one. We will prob spend 2 diff days at Mk

Thanks !!!!!

Thank you !!!! These are great. I had no idea about the Minnie's holiday dine .... is it dinner ??? The only thing is my daughter isn't too too much into princesses anymore .... so not sure about akershus ... we did that when she was 5
Is there anywhere you suggest charecter or normal maybe another MK one. We will prob spend 2 diff days at Mk

Thanks !!!!!
Minnie's is lunch and dinner, and if DD is no longer into princesses, I recommend any of the million counter services in Epcot, so may awesome choices and no need to tie up time for a TS (unless YOU need the break!).
On the Future World side is Sunshine Seasons (excellent CS) or Garden Grill (TS with all you can eat - not buffet style, but brought to your table) with Chip and Dale AND PLUTO!!!
In World Showcase, you are limited only by your palette, great snacks and CS meals at every country.

Here are our favorites (my boys are 10 and 7):

MK - BOG dinner
AK - Tusker House breakfast, Flame Tree BBQ is a great QS option
HS - Sci Fi (for the atmosphere)
Epcot - Garden Grill breakfast (great food AND character interaction....Mickey and friends in cute farmer attire :) and Biergarten (again for atmosphere but the food is also really good!)

Resorts....lots of great options. We like Ohana and Chef Mickey's to name a couple.

if your daughter is past the princess stage, she might like 1900 Park Faire dinner in GF where you meet Lady Tremaine and the evil step sisters, they are a hoot!
Even though it's not a character meal, we really enjoy Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL with the grands! Lots of playful antics AND excellent food!
There are so many excellent choices!

Took a trip last year with my nieces and nephews, and planning the same this year.

They loved all of the restaurants we chose:
1. Chef Mickey's
2. Crystal Palace
3. Liberty Tree Tavern
4. Sci-Fi
5. Hoop-Dee-Doo

Coral Reef in Epcot
I second that, we are from the New England shore, and found Cape May's seafood buffet abhorrent (but love their breakfast!), but truly enjoyed Coral Reef! The food was excellent as was our service. Great place to unwind, it's dim inside and the entire aquarium surrounds you, really beautiful and relaxing!

Any places at resorts or anywhere ????
Tons, depends on what you're in the mood for!
Monorail resorts all have excellent character choices:
Chef Mickey's at Contemporary
'Ohana at Poly (characters only at breakfast)
1900 PF at Grand Floridian (breakfast and lunch Pooh and the Alice in Wonderland crew, dinner Lady Tremaine and the step sisters)
There are great non character choices at those resorts as well.
WL: Whispering Canyon, fun and good food,
FW: Hoop de Doo Review (an event all it's own)
AKL: Boma
And a ton of choices at the Epcot resorts!
Have fun choosing just one or two!

We also really enjoy Coral Reef for the food and the aquarium.

I'm honestly not hugely into character meals, but Tusker House breakfast is very good. It's not on the Dining Plan, but Garden Grove at The Swan has a seafood buffet on Friday nights with Chip, Dale, Goofy, & Pluto. It is a fabulous meal!

We also like The Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona Cafe, and Mama Melrose.

Thanks everyone did coral reef last time long ago we were there. May have to do it again though. I was thinking cape may but now seeing that it isn't that great may opt for coral reef !!!

WE will be there over thanksgiving. Place that does a thanksgiving meal? I just keep thinking of questions

WE will be there over thanksgiving. Place that does a thanksgiving meal? I just keep thinking of questions
If absolutely love cape may. We ate thanksgiving dinner there last year, they had crab legs and turkey with all of the sides, it would be great for both you and your seafood lover

We also did the Minnie's holiday dine during our same trip and it was great. I ex worried since I hadn't heard great reviews of the standard h+v food. We really enjoyed it. A tip is to get a very late seating. By the time we were getting ready to leave we were one of the last tables and we got tons of pictures with mickey and the gang in their Christmas attire

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter