HELP BC VILLA or SUITE

Coloradomickey

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We are booked in for 8 nights for a 2 bedroom suite at BC end of September. (3 adults and 2 kids under 4.) We have never stayed at BC. I understand we will have access to CL service. We are pondering moving into a 2 bedroom villa for the kitchen and washing machine. If you have experience on the suite vs. a villa your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. There is quite a big per night price saving on switching and we are trying to determine if the suites are really worth it.
Thanks so much for your opinions!!!!
Cheers!

I love love love the Beach club by far our favorite hotel on property. That being said our next trip we have 5 adults traveling and we needed a villa. We had to go with Bay Lake Towers this time around. IMO the beach club villas are seriously dated and need of a massive renovation. I am not saying they are not nice but for the same amount of $ we decided on villas that were more up to date (flat screens tv, etc)

If I had to chose between a suite or a villa at the beach club ..i would go with the suite. the rooms at the beach club hotel are amazing and recently renovated.

I agree with LMO. We are DVC members and always get to stay in villas. I was so excited to try BCV for the first time this past Feb...and was very disappointed. BC Resort itself is fabulous, and since Epcot is our favorite park, the location can't be beat. But the room decor in our villa was pretty run-down (clean, but worn-out). I have seen pictures of the regular resort rooms and they look beautiful.

I agree with LMO. We are DVC members and always get to stay in villas. I was so excited to try BCV for the first time this past Feb...and was very disappointed. BC Resort itself is fabulous, and since Epcot is our favorite park, the location can't be beat. But the room decor in our villa was pretty run-down (clean, but worn-out). I have seen pictures of the regular resort rooms and they look beautiful.

The decision to stay at BLT this time around was a really hard one for me. I love the beach club, love sab and love being so close to epcot. But the villas like I stated above and like you said were worn out. I am hoping by the next time I need to stay in a villa again the beach club villas will be renovated. I know the next time I need a standard room we are def staying at the beach club. I truly do love it there.

It really depends on what type of vacation you're looking for. Staying in a BC suite definitely has more of a resort feel, plus you'll have access to the concierge lounge for drinks and light food. Staying in a villa will feel more like a condo vacation experience, even though you do get daily mousekeeping if you have a cash reservation.

I've stayed in both - I usually book BC or YC if my trip is less than a week, and BCV if it's longer. I'll be at BWV in a one bedroom this month, and BCV in a studio in January, both for 10 days. The full kitchen I can take or leave - I don't do a lot of full cooking, so the kitchenette with the microwave is adequate. But during hot weather, it's so nice to be able to do laundry any time on MY schedule - and to pack a third of what I'd be packing otherwise. I stayed a week at BC last December and had a wonderful trip.

However, for my six day trip in December I'm booked at YC. I'll enjoy feeling a little more pampered there (I booked YC over BC because of the balcony issue on the regular BC rooms - I want to be sure I've got a full balcony, not just request one).

I don't think you can make a wrong choice, whichever way you go. If you can save a substantial amount of cash, I'd probably lean toward the villa.

HI Everyone,
Thanks for the ideas and past experiences. We really appreciate it. Now we just need to make a decision. Have a great weekend and thanks for taking the time!!!
Cheers!

Hi, I haven't stayed at BCV, but I have stayed at Boardwalk. They are newly renovated and beautiful. If you are most interested in the Epcot location, then you might want to consider Boardwalk instead. The comments about BCV being rundown might make you shy away from them. In our world, the full kitchen, washer/dryer and king size bed make the villa a great choice.

Now, the suggestion of BLT brings up an interesting dilemma - with two kids under 4, are you planning on spending a lot of time at MK, so maybe that location would be best for you!

Good luck! We will always choose BWV over Beach Club, and the only other DVC resort we will stay at is OKW at this point, so I can't offer much more info to help you along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter