HELP! At the park in 2 days!!!

SpaceMtMan

Mouseketeer
IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ, JUST READ WHAT IS BOLDED (THE IMPORTANT STUFF)

Hey everybody!

We are leaving tomorrow morning (at 3:35am :eek: ) getting on a plane and will be in LA Saturday. We have 1 day park hopper passes for Sunday and i need YOUR help.

I haven't been to DL since I was a kid and don't remember anything. We've been to WDW multiple times though.

The rides we NEED to hit are Radiator Springs Racers, the Indiana Jones ride, and the Matterhorn.

Here are my quick questions:

1.) Has FP+ been implemented at DL? Or is it still the good ol' FP system I know and love like at WDW?

2. Other than those 3 rides, any other rides that are super fun that we can't experience at WDW?

3.) Will it be crowded on a Sunday in April.... before spring break? :lmao: lol im assuming yes.

4.) What should we ride in California Adventure? Is California adventure nice? Or should we spend more time in DL?

Sorry for being a noob. I know WDW fairly well but with DL, I know nothing. Its been a busy last couple of weeks so I haven't done my research either.

most important question:

WE WILL BE AT DL AND CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE FOR ONE DAY! (likely the last time we go in years...) WHAT ARE THE BEST ATTRACTIONS/THINGS TO EXPERIENCE?[/B] example, wdw has those deeeelicious turkey legs.

Thanks again everyone!

Sincerely,

Your Friendly neighborhood hood SpaceMtMan!

No fastpass plus, but you do need to use the fastpasses within the printed windows of time. I would say you should do cars land. It is amazing.

Here's what I would do.

Line up at 7:15 (no later than 7:30) for DL. Enter DL. (opens at 8). Ride Indiana Jones (or get FP...your option). Ride Matterhorn (using single rider line if stand by is too long). Send runner over to DCA around 9 to get in line for RSR FP. I'm assuming your RSR FP will be late afternoon or early evening. I'd NOT go to DCA first thing (ie 8 am) because it is a EE morning for hotel guests....it will be a zoo, with long standby lines for RSR when the park opens to regular guests at 8. Hence, you will want to get a FP for it. Timing it for about one hour after normal park opening should get you a FP with a decent return time without too much of a wait.

Go back to DL, and ride whatever else suits your fancy the rest of the morning. Personally, I think Splash and BTMRR are both sufficiently "different" that they are fun to ride. You probably also want to grab a Space Mountain FP too and use that whenever your time comes up.

Around 1, I'd go to DCA. Get a Soarin FP (if that's your thing) or TOT (not as good as WDW IMO). Californian Screamin can easily be ridden single rider with little or no wait. Same with GRR (which doesn't exist at WDW...although it''s pretty similar to the water ride at Animal Kingdom)....the problem with this ride is you MAY get soaked (at least 1-2 people per raft end up drenched). I hate walking around dripping. LOL!

I'd eat in DCA myself, if only because they have adult beverages there. ;) It also "seems" less crowded because the walkways are wider.

With judicious use of FP and the willingness to traverse back and forth, you can easily accomplish what you want to do. Lots of walking though!

FP is like the "old" WDW FP...although times are strictly enforced. You must use within the window specified. No FP plus. And, it WILL be crowded. Which is why you want to get there WHEN THE PARK OPENS (actually before). You can get quite a bit done in that first hour in DL before running over to get a FP for RSR.

Sitting in LAX now after 5 days in Disneyland, I hate to tell you but Indy is not working right now do with that out of the way I would go to CA first queue up for RSR fast passes first it will be for after 2pm probably than hope to DL get in line for Matterhorn and then kill time doing fun stuff until your ride time for RSR!! Have a magical time!

Ok...I see that Indy is closed. That being said, I would STILL start in DL, and ride Matterhorn first. Grab FP for your "fave" ride in DL (Space, Star Tours, Splash, BTMRR, whatever). Ride anything else with a short enough stand by line. Go get RSR FP. Go back to DL, and ride everything you want there. Return to DCA for your RSR FP, or sooner if you want. :-)

Sorry about Indy.

unique things not to miss:

Blue Bayou restaurant in NOS.

Peter Pans flight in Fantasyland

Toon Town is neat to see

Cars land attractions
Cozy cone snacks in cars town

I wouldn't miss world of color or radiator springs at CA Adventure. I would use the single rider line to maximize your time.

I don't have much to add, but I can tell you that early entry was switched to DL this Sunday. It is our first day in the parks this trip so I have been keeping tabs. Anyway that might make you consider starting at DCA to grab a FP (or ride standby) on RSR. Have a great day!

Great! Thanks for your help everybody. We're running a bit late but it should be a great day :cool1: your advice really helped. :worship: I'll let you know how it goes later today or tomorrow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter