HELP ASAP!!! My iPhone Just Died!!

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
I bought a BRAND NEW iPhone 6 from Best Buy on 3/3/15. I was using it today and it just died...dead...nothing. I tried to plug it in...no response. The battery was at >75% when it died so I know it's not that. When I call it, I am not sent directly to voice mail, which is what happens when it is powered off, so I have no idea what is wrong with it.

I NEED this phone for work tomorrow morning (7am) and I don't know where to go. Should I take it to Best Buy, where I bought it? What about the Apple Store, since it is less than 2 months old? I assume it is covered under a manufacturer warranty. Or, since I have the service plan on it through Sprint, should I take it to the Sprint store???

HELP!!!

If you have an Apple Store close by go there. My 6 died after an update when it wasn't even a month old. I took it into the Apple Store and within 15 minutes they had it back up and running.

Yes, go to the Apple Store and they will fix or honor the warranty....may want to call for appointment in case it's busy.

Ok, I was all set to go to the Apple store. I went online to find the nearest one and saw that Apple has a "chat" feature for support. Within 10 minutes, they had my phone working again:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:!

Saved me from loading up the kids and hauling them across town to wait in the mall.

Phew! I was in full-on panic mode:scared1:...I couldn't handle being at work (on the ambulance!) for 12 hours without my phone (no GPS, no contacts, :eek:) and on top of that, we leave in 4 days for WDW! I need my Lines, MDE and SWA apps!

Lesson learned...use that 24/7 chat feature on the Apple website if you ever need assistance:banana:.

Is the 6 configured the same way as the 5s? My 5s did this last month, and I was able to resurrect it by pressing and holding the power on/off button (at the top edge of the phone) and the circular button at the bottom of the screen simultaneously. It came back to life and hasn't done it since.

Is the 6 configured the same way as the 5s? My 5s did this last month, and I was able to resurrect it by pressing and holding the power on/off button (at the top edge of the phone) and the circular button at the bottom of the screen simultaneously. It came back to life and hasn't done it since.

Yes! That is exactly what she had me try and it worked. She said I probably had an app running in the background that caused the phone to shut down. I get that, but I don't get why I couldn't turn it back on or why it didn't go directly to voice mail when I called it. Oh well....that's why they have tech support...for people like me.

Always do a Google search for your problem before panicking! You will usually find a solution.

All my iPhones have had this issue and I just looked online to figure out how to get my phone to turn back on.

Yes! That is exactly what she had me try and it worked. She said I probably had an app running in the background that caused the phone to shut down. I get that, but I don't get why I couldn't turn it back on or why it didn't go directly to voice mail when I called it. Oh well....that's why they have tech support...for people like me.

I remember the panic I felt when it happened to me, so I rushed to my computer to post for you! LOL!!! It is good to know that there is a such thing as Apple chat; I never would have even thought of that! I'm glad your phone is back working!

Edit: Just to clarify, I was reading the post on my iPad and didn't want to post from there, hence the "rushed to the computer". When I re-read my post, it didn't make sense that if I was reading your post, why would I have to rush to my computer. I'm laughing at myself for even posting that way!

Same thing happened to my son's ipod years ago. I called and they had me do the exact same thing. Glad you got your answer quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter