HELP.....AS Sports or POP in Sept???

llori7

DIS Veteran
Last year we went to Disney and stayed in POP and loved it. We are planning on going back this year for free dining. We are trying to decide if we should stay in POP again of try All Star Sports. It is me, my husband, and 2 ds (4&2). What do you think??? Tell me what you like or don't like about each one. The only concern I have about sports is sharing buses.

Thanks!!

Sports does not get good reviews here.

now Movies does.

but you asked about Sports.

so would go back to Pop first.

I'd choose Sports because it does share. It shares during the day when not as many people are riding since they are typically at the parks. In the morning we'd have our own and at park closing we'd have our own. In fact when we went in Sept the only time we shared was when we were coming back from Hoop Dee Doo. Sports is the first resort you will come to, then Music, and Movies is at the end. So know that when you are leaving your resort Sports gets off first. I don't care for Pop because of parking. Just seems like such a hassle to park there. I've been 5 times. Love All Stars. Plus Sports' rooms are getting refurb'd. not sure how far along they are. In Sept they had finished the baseball bldgs. Plus I love the food court at All Stars more. Some of the items we tried at Pop were just too salty.

Enjoy!

Can you explain why parking is more of a hassle at POP than all-stars? We are going to be driving and I would like to know if it is going to be a problem. Thanks.

Never stayed at POP, but we had a great stay at ASSports last September. It was our first stay at a value and we've decided to make Sports our new "home" at WDW. We've stayed at only moderates before. I was nervous after so many negative reviews but we decided to *risk it* and we were very glad we did.

Parking @ POP can be a problem depending on what building you are put in. Last September we got a room in the 60's & the parking for the 60's was across the complex over by the 50's building. We ended up parking out in front of the transportation area & just leaving our car there. Where our room was we had to lug our gear all the way around the hippy dippy pool or through the lobby and to the back (and it was a preferred room..........). The time before that we were in the 90's and we always had to drive our car to the front in the morning to catch the bus (it was a hike from the back) and by the time we came home from the parks & drove back by our room sometimes parking was at a premium. Both vacations were in September, with free dining and POP was full. JMHO........................:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter