• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Are Wheelchairs Available?

TheDisneyGirl02

<font color=navy>I found my Disney Prince!<br><fon
I did a search but was unable to find any posts that answered my question. Does anybody know if wheelchairs are available to rent on the Disney Wonder? My mom has an issue with stamina and may be in need of a wheelchair after a day or two?

Thanks!! :lmao:

I suggest visiting the DISabilities board which has some info on companies that will bring a rental to the Port for your cruise. Something like Disability at Sea maybe?

Anyway, there are a few sand wheelchairs on Castaway Cay, but they go quickly. And on the ship, unless you have to be brought down to the Medical facility, they pretty much do not have wheelchairs available. At least not that you can count on. So, I would rent one to be sure of having it on board just for you. :)

I should have been more clear...sorry! We are going on the Disney Wonder to Alaska. I was hoping there would be a wheelchair available in case she needs one. We can always rent one prior to the trip if needed. ;)

They have very few onboard and they are available on a first come basis so you cannot count on DCL having one available for you. If you think you may need it, you should rent it or bring it with you.

Are you flying in? We found with my dad, who can't walk really long distances, that it was better to bring one from home anyway so we had it in the airport so he didn't exert himself getting to the gate (also got us boarded early). If you are getting one from home, check with local churches, some have them and will loan them. Or check at GoodWill stores, you can usually get them very cheap (less than a rental and if you don't need them after your trip, donate them back).

They have very few onboard and they are available on a first come basis so you cannot count on DCL having one available for you. If you think you may need it, you should rent it or bring it with you.

Are you flying in? We found with my dad, who can't walk really long distances, that it was better to bring one from home anyway so we had it in the airport so he didn't exert himself getting to the gate (also got us boarded early). If you are getting one from home, check with local churches, some have them and will loan them. Or check at GoodWill stores, you can usually get them very cheap (less than a rental and if you don't need them after your trip, donate them back).

Also check with local Lion's Club.
I was told that there aren't many wheelchairs on board and was told it would be better if I brought one for DH who is having back surgery 3 weeks after we come home.

Our TA arranged a rental for my MIL - it will be waiting in their room when we board. For a week's rental it was around $100 - this is in Florida, but I'm sure something could be arranged for your trip as well.

We are flying into Vancouver. Getting on the plane early would be good considering I HATE to fly!!! I'll look into renting one at home.
Thanks!

There is a company located just before the security checkpoint at the Canada Place Cruise Terminal that rents wheelchairs that you can take onboard the ship.

The name of the company is Care Vacations.

Care Vacations Crusieship Assist Ltd 999, Canada Place, suite 404, VANCOUVER, BC V6C 3T4

604-602-1988

www.carevacations.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter