HELP AND ADVICE ON RENTING DVC POINTS, PLANNING ETC

Lineti Kafovalu

SAHMOFTHREE
Hi, everyone!

Need help and advice on how to go about this? My family of 5 (including myself) are considering vacationing in Hawaii @ Aulani Disney Resort! We live in Sydney, Australia. So, as you can imagine… we have a lot of planning and saving to do! Ive just come across reviews on TripAdvisor and other websites where people were discussing renting Disney Vacation Club points, and how they've saved so much. So, my main worry is, how far ahead would I have to plan this? We hope to be checked into Aulani resort by 22nd of December (the latest) or the 21st of December (the earliest) This will be our first family vacation and the first time my three kids and Husband ever leave AUSTRALIA. So nerves are running high. I need good advice about the whole DVC points. Should I start renting now? I'm obviously a little confused.

Thanks so much in advance!

Have a great day from Sydney, Australia !:)

Obviously, the sooner you can plan and reserve, the greater your chances of securing the reservation that you want. I would google DVC point rental sites. I don't think I can list them here, but there are a few that are out there that are fair and reputable.

That will be a pretty popular time in Hawaii and at Aulani. Owner of Aulani points can begin booking at 11 mos. before start of their trip. Owners at other DVC resorts must wait until 7 mos. out to book. I would suggest finding a potential renter now so that when the 7 month window opens you can be prepared. There are websites out there that will give you a point calculators so you can estimate the cost. Most likely with a family of 5 you will need a 1 bedroom. Aulani at this point does not have studios that sleep 5. That is also considered high season so you will find that the number of points needed will be greater than other times of the year.

That being said, the resort is beautiful and you will have a lot of fun. Make sure to plan going to Honolulu and other sites around the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter