• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Am I Going At the Right Time?!

Stitch2244314

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. I have been to Disney at pretty much the most crowded times of the year, including June, July, August, and when everyone is on April vacation from school. My family and I recently booked a trip for May 30- June 7, 2009 because we figured it would be less crowded than going in the middle of the summer.

So basically, my question, how are the crowds during this time? Are the crowds a lot less than they are during the middle of the summer, or about the same? Thanks for your help.

We've gone twice at this time. Right after the boys get out of school we make a break to WDW.

The crowds are manageable. I've used Tour Guide Mike and didn't have more than a 20 minute wait on anything. It's not as hot as the middle of the summer but remember, it's still Florida.

Have fun.

It really just depends on when schools let out for the summer. If you hit it before then, you're good. If that's the first weekend after school's out, then you'll meet up with crowds.

:earsboy:

It really just depends on when schools let out for the summer. If you hit it before then, you're good. If that's the first weekend after school's out, then you'll meet up with crowds.

:earsboy:

Yeah that's what I figured... I'm from the Northeast so we don't get out of school until middle or late June. So I figured even if half the country is out of school, it's better than going in July when the entire country is out of school.

This is a great time to go! A lot of kids don't get out of school until after the first week of June. We went one year at that time and loved it. In fact, Florida had a late cold front and the mornings and evenings were wonderful. We had such a great trip we are going again this year at the same time!:thumbsup2

This is a great time to go! A lot of kids don't get out of school until after the first week of June. We went one year at that time and loved it. In fact, Florida had a late cold front and the mornings and evenings were wonderful. We had such a great trip we are going again this year at the same time!:thumbsup2

Wow, great that's nice to hear!

We went that time two years ago and we are going back this year at that time. Our weather was wonderful. There was only one afternoon that we actually broke a sweat. Still plenty warm enough to swim, but not so hot that you sweat all day long. Crowds were manageable and it only rained lightly one of the 9 days.

Hi everyone. I have been to Disney at pretty much the most crowded times of the year, including June, July, August, and when everyone is on April vacation from school. My family and I recently booked a trip for May 30- June 7, 2009 because we figured it would be less crowded than going in the middle of the summer.

So basically, my question, how are the crowds during this time? Are the crowds a lot less than they are during the middle of the summer, or about the same? Thanks for your help.

Just checked and Gay days are held June 2nd to June 8th, 2009. To avoid the larger crowds involved you may want to avoid their official park of each day. Look on thieir website to check the days the group is in each park.
Donna

It is moderate crowds.Even though most of the NE gets out in June.Here in Pa we get out the week before Memorial Day, as does many southern schools.If you prepare well enough it is fine.No way near the later summer months, but not dead either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter