HELP! All past Disney princess half runners!

Fabulousmommy

Earning My Ears
So this is my first Disney princess half marathon and I'm excited beyond words!! My question to all past runners is how much did your entire trip cost? Whether you drove or flew? And any tips on hotels? I've heard people say its cheaper to stay at a host resort and some other wise! Thanks everyone! :-)

Fabuloustodaynotfattomorrow.blogspot.com

So this is my first Disney princess half marathon and I'm excited beyond words!! My question to all past runners is how much did your entire trip cost? Whether you drove or flew? And any tips on hotels? I've heard people say its cheaper to stay at a host resort and some other wise! Thanks everyone! :-)

Fabuloustodaynotfattomorrow.blogspot.com

I splurged on a moderate resort for 2 nights, so that ended up being about $300 with an AP discount. We drove, so no plane tickets.

If you want to cut costs, you can stay in a value for what will end up being around $90 a night. If you have a car, you can stay offsite much cheaper.

I also didn't have to buy any park tickets since I'm an AP holder, but you may need to factor that in, as well.

Good luck!

My costs, besides registration, were $75 for the hotel (3 adults in a value for 2 nights), flight ($250, pricelined), and about $100 in food for Friday afternoon-Sunday afternoon.

I didn't buy park tickets, and I think I only spent about $50 on souveniers for my kids. Oh, and about $15 at the expo for a coffee mug.

Hmm...this will be a really rough estimate. From 2011:

3 nights at PORS: $562.14 (booked through WDW-IRUN...I'm sure I could've gotten a much better AP rate or something!) :headache:
We had APs and a TiW card...
Flights were super expensive...$700 round-trip for the 2 of us! Ugh...:sick:

My advice is to look at ALL discounts...the WDW-IRUN phone number I referenced above is the host resort discount number. Check mousesavers.com and see if you can find something better.

Watch for cheap flights.

...can't think of much else. Good luck!

AP stands for Annual Pass. I bought my park tickets through Rundisney which was a nice savings. We, DD and I cannot go to Florida without a day or so at the parks following the race. I have run the Princess two years in a row and received the 35 percent off room rate each time. Be sure to watch these boards closely for a chance to revise your reservation when Disney offers specials. By the way, the race is an absolute blast...you will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter