Help-added dining plan but numbers not adding up?

mickeymouseclubhouse

DIS Veteran
So, I just added the regular dining plan onto an existing package reservation that was previously paid in full from 9/13 through 9/16 for 2A and 2C (5 and 8) and based on the 2011 prices of $45.99 per adult per night and $11.99 per child per night(Value Season) for 3 nights I came up with $347.88 but Disney charged me $362.88 :confused3

That's a $15 difference and for the life of me I can't figure out how they came up with that number? Anybody have any insight for me? :goodvibes

TIA! :flower3:

So, I just added the regular dining plan onto an existing package reservation that was previously paid in full from 9/13 through 9/16 for 2A and 2C (5 and 8) and based on the 2011 prices of $45.99 per adult per night and $11.99 per child per night(Value Season) for 3 nights I came up with $347.88 but Disney charged me $362.88 :confused3

That's a $15 difference and for the life of me I can't figure out how they came up with that number? Anybody have any insight for me? :goodvibes

TIA! :flower3:

I think the $15 is a service fee for adding DDP within 14 days of arrival

Yes, even though you upgraded your package, there is a $15 fee for making the change this close to your arrival date.

Oh, I had no idea there was a $15 fee for upgrading to the dining plan within 14 days! I guess that makes sense. They never mentioned that on the phone when I went to add the plan.

Thanks for the quick response!!

Oh, I had no idea there was a $15 fee for upgrading to the dining plan within 14 days! I guess that makes sense. They never mentioned that on the phone when I went to add the plan.

Thanks for the quick response!!
There's a $15 fee for making any changes after the 45 day window has passed. Typically, upgrading gets the fee waived, but not all the time.

As far as no notification, I believe it's covered on Disney's end in the fine print of the reservation, but chances are nothing showed up other than a total for the CM, so there was no flag to let you know (at least, that's my guess).

Which reminds me, I need to re-upgrade my plan to Dx soon. Had to drop it down to pay the balance last month...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter