Help a sister out!

JamJamFam

Earning My Ears
I have a conference in Orlando in January and my husband is tagging along. We will have three days after my conference to do whatever. Help me decide what makes the most sense financially!

1. Stay at conference hotel and Lyft to parks (Rosen Plaza Hotel at discounted rate of $140/night)
2. Stay at POFQ - two days ar Disney and one resort day
3. Stay at Cabana Bay and get four day pass to Universal (they’re running a buy two get to special)

Some background: We haven’t been to Universal in 15 years, but have been to Disney as recently as this past June. We love Disney but would like to check out HP stuff! This is only our second trip away since having kids so we are excited.

What would you do?? HALP

I would probably do option 3 since you’ve done Disney recently. I’m a major Disney fan but the Harry Potter stuff is very well done if you haven’t seen it at all yet. I’d say it’s worth checking it out and the discounted hotel rate isn’t low enough that it would be worth the inconvenience for me to stay there instead of onsite. If it were $100 then I’d lean more toward option one but when you add in the lyft ride you’ll probably end up paying the same price as cabana bay.

Cabana Bay in a heartbeat!!!! We did that last year with the buy two days, get two days package. We loved Universal, especially the Harry Potter stuff. We also really loved Cabana Bay. Plus, you can probably book it for around the same price as the discounted Rosen rate, with no need to Uber. I loved the ability to go so easily between the parks and the hotel. Super easy to take an afternoon swim and then go back to the park.

With those 4 days of tickets, you could even start your Universal the night your conference ends, giving you 3 park days plus a park evening, since you're not paying any more for 4 days than for 3.

:thumbsup2 Universal/Cabana Bay!!

Absolutely no negatives there! That’s a great ticket deal right now. Newer hotel very different from Disney, no Uber/lyft just easy transport, after 15 years will be very new to you, Harry Potter and do your homework as to all there is to do, some gems are hidden. And if your tickets include Volcano Bay ... my DS went on a dreary cooler day and said even without slides they enjoyed the atmosphere, the lounging, drinks & eats and floating.

Thank you all for your input!! That is where I was leaning but it’s nice to hear it from others, haha.

With Universal, will they make me pay the whole thing upfront or do they do a deposit situation like WDW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter