Help a first timer choose please :)

Even with our daughters, we enjoyed Raglan Road in Dtd. Beer was good and the food better than Disney average. We also lime Coreal Reef in Epcot (but I hear that it can be hit or miss) and Hollywood Brown Derby.

zaz said:
Even with our daughters, we enjoyed Raglan Road in Dtd. Beer was good and the food better than Disney average. We also lime Coreal Reef in Epcot (but I hear that it can be hit or miss) and Hollywood Brown Derby.

We also really liked Raglan Road. The food was good. Though next time I plan on just getting a sampler type appy so I have room for that bread pudding! We went at dinner and the Irish dancers came into each room and got the kids up to dance! Good food, good beer ( and coffee), and good fun! We all also agree on Chefs de France ( we do first seating here), LeCellier, and CRT. The kids love Rainforest, Trex but my DH not so much. Had a great meal at Kona Cafe in the Poly but since it is wide open to all the hubbub in the main building's upper level, it was loud. We love Disney dining, it's an adventure!

I'm making a list of table service places we'd like to try. Since we've never been if love some input on narrowing it down. We will be there 9 days and have hopper passes and we'd like to see different resorts since we are going during Christmas time. So here's my list what do you think we should keep or scrap? And any other suggestions much appreciated! :

Cinderellas Royal Table breakfast (I do know this will take 2 credits) For your first time, CRT is worth it for the location and experience. The food is not signature-quality, so it is not worth 2 credits for the food, but is for the experience. If you can get a pre park opening time, that is even better.
Boma breakfast I have never been.
Garden Grill Dinner The restaurant rotates, so that is neat.
Tusker House breakfast Breakfast is very good. there is a big variety of choices on the buffet. Goofy lead the kids around in a little parade.
Restaurant Marakkesh dinner I have never been because the CS in Morocco is very good, I prefer to go there.
Grand Floridian Cafe dinner Is there a special reason you want to go here? It is a fine restaurant but nothing great.
Ohana breakfast Good choice.
Big River Grill dinner Would skip.
Wolfgang Puck Cafe dinner A fine choice. There is also Earl of Sandwich and Raglan Road at DTD, both are good.Maybe the boys would like TRex?
Bongos dinner Would skip.

Biergarten is also a good restaurant, we do it every trip. The band is fun and the food is good. LTT lunch is also a good TS choice.

Biergarten is also a good restaurant, we do it every trip. The band is fun and the food is good. LTT lunch is also a good TS choice.

Thank you so much!!! Yes I think the castle will be great just for the experience. I picked Boma and Grand Floridian Cafe so we can visit the resorts to see decorations and just eat there.
I'll have to look up Bierharten

With kids I would go to....
Chef Mickey's-you can get there easily and all the characters are there!
Transportation: Monorail from Magic Kingdom or bus from any hotel.
Sci-Fi in Hollywood Studios-great cartoons on the big screen, burgers, and delicious milkshakes that you can't get anywhere else. (or as I think!)
Crystal Palace- located in the Magic Kingdom. You can go there for a brunch and then right to the big wait rides like SPlash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. The characters are: Tigger, Pooh, Piglet, and Eeyore.

Hope this helps for your being first timers! Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you so much!!! Yes I think the castle will be great just for the experience. I picked Boma and Grand Floridian Cafe so we can visit the resorts to see decorations and just eat there.
I'll have to look up Bierharten

Oh well them definitely keep GF Cafe. The gingerbread house is amazing!!

There is also a gingerbread carousel at Beach Club. There is a character breakfast there at the Cape May Cafe. Also a seafood bake for dinner there. Beach Club also has Beaches and Cream, a TS restaurant but does not take ADRs. It is like an old fashioned ice cream parlor with burgers, etc., but has a dessert called the Kitchen Sink that is a sight to behold.

With kids I would go to....
Chef Mickey's-you can get there easily and all the characters are there!
Transportation: Monorail from Magic Kingdom or bus from any hotel.
Sci-Fi in Hollywood Studios-great cartoons on the big screen, burgers, and delicious milkshakes that you can't get anywhere else. (or as I think!)
Crystal Palace- located in the Magic Kingdom. You can go there for a brunch and then right to the big wait rides like SPlash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. The characters are: Tigger, Pooh, Piglet, and Eeyore.

Hope this helps for your being first timers! Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you!!!! Such a huge help!!!!! We are very excited!!!!!!! :)

Oh well them definitely keep GF Cafe. The gingerbread house is amazing!!

There is also a gingerbread carousel at Beach Club. There is a character breakfast there at the Cape May Cafe. Also a seafood bake for dinner there. Beach Club also has Beaches and Cream, a TS restaurant but does not take ADRs. It is like an old fashioned ice cream parlor with burgers, etc., but has a dessert called the Kitchen Sink that is a sight to behold.

Awesome!!' Thank you!!!

Boatwright's is a hidden gem...IMO. It's at Port Orleans Riverside and is a bit Cajun. We thought it was very good, but it was 2004 when we went (our very 1st Disney Dining experience). I got the Jambalaya...mmmmm. Thought the kid meals there are the basics and on the boring side.

I have to agree with this. I am a sort of food snob (DH definitely is) and we had really good food and even better service. We spontaneously ate there one night (stayed at por) and it was the best service we had that trip and probably the best food too. When I asked my 6 yr old what restaurant he wanted to return to, Boatwright's was the one be picked. We at at makaresh our first trip (2009) and we liked it. My daughter got to belly dance on the stage and we were oop so it was a good value. I agree that tangerine cafe is awesome cs and we go there every year. I think CRT is best paid for oop and use your 2 credits on le celier instead. CRT is not good food-it's an experience. Breakfast oop is less money but you sti get to eat in the castle and have a pic with Cinderella :)

With kids that age I would do: Chef Mickey dinner, The Garden Grill dinner, Ohana breakfast and dinner, and Sci Fi.

I'm making a list of table service places we'd like to try. Since we've never been if love some input on narrowing it down. We will be there 9 days and have hopper passes and we'd like to see different resorts since we are going during Christmas time. So here's my list what do you think we should keep or scrap? And any other suggestions much appreciated! :

Cinderellas Royal Table breakfast (I do know this will take 2 credits)

CRT is currently one of our "must do" character meals! We've done breakfast, lunch, & dinner, &, within the last couple of trips, it's become our traditional "first night in MK" dinner.

Characters aside, we just enjoy the castle atmosphere!

Boma breakfast

The dinner buffet at Boma is one of the only non-character buffet like! LOL! We've never been to breakfast, but it generally gets good reviews as well. However, if your family likes spices & ethnic foods, you might consider the dinner buffet instead of breakfast. There are some really interesting items on the buffet, in addition to plainer, simple items as well. I really like the watermelon rind salad, & the pap w/ a very flavorful tomato dish (can't remember what it's called) on top is good too! The zebra dome is one of my favorite desserts at WDW.

The AKL is gorgeous! And, during the evening, there is African storytelling around the fire pit.

Garden Grill Dinner

Garden Grill is another of our current "must do" character meals. The food is served family-style, & it usually tastes very fresh to me. They have a very cute kids' dessert too. I've been told that some of the food is grown locally right there in The Land.

Character interaction is normally really good too, & my kids enjoy how the restaurant slowly rotates through scenes from "Living with the Land."

Tusker House breakfast

Years ago, we ate at the AK character breakfast when it was at Restaurantosauras. However, we haven't eaten at Tusker House. But it always gets great reviews!!

Restaurant Marakkesh dinner

I would probably switch this one to another World Showcase restaurant.

Maybe San Angel Inn - more traditional Mexican dishes, & the atmosphere is really cool - it's like you're sitting outside at night beside a pyramid.

Or Biergarten - It's a German buffet w/ a live band that your kids might enjoy.

If you frequently go to Japanese hibachi-style restaurants at home, I probably wouldn't choose Teppan Edo.

Grand Floridian Cafe dinner

Every year, we make an ADR for breakfast at the Grand Floridian Café, & every year we end up cancelling it because we decide sleep in instead. This restaurant looks lovely! (Maybe this year we'll actually make it!)

Ohana breakfast

'Ohana dinner is always a must-do for our family, but the breakfast looks good too. The Poly is a beautiful resort, & I'm sure Stitch is fun too! Plus - Mickey waffles!!

Big River Grill dinner

We have a Big River Grill in our town, so I think this is a chain restaurant, so I'd probably choose something else at WDW.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe dinner

We've never been here, & I haven't read many reviews. I know the Wolfgang Puck Express gets good reviews.

Bongos dinner

Instead of either Wolfgang Puck or Bongos, you might consider T-Rex - especially if your boys like dinosaurs!

Also, I'd probably only choose 1 DTD restaurant, &, instead try some other restaurants in the parks and/or resorts.

My comments are in red...

When we're in Disney, we try to eat at restaurants that are different than where we can eat at home, if that makes sense. I normally try to find a combination of a good/fun experience, nice/unique setting, & good food.

Some other of our family's favorite restaurants in Disney are the following:

Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Crystal Palace (breakfast or lunch)
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
Sci-Fi (lunch)
Whispering Canyon Café (dinner)

And we normally schedule a Fantasmic Lunch Package at Mama Melrose's & always try a new World Showcase restaurant each trip.

Hope this helps some!!

My comments are in red...

When we're in Disney, we try to eat at restaurants that are different than where we can eat at home, if that makes sense. I normally try to find a combination of a good/fun experience, nice/unique setting, & good food.

Some other of our family's favorite restaurants in Disney are the following:

Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Crystal Palace (breakfast or lunch)
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
Sci-Fi (lunch)
Whispering Canyon Café (dinner)

And we normally schedule a Fantasmic Lunch Package at Mama Melrose's & always try a new World Showcase restaurant each trip.

Hope this helps some!!

This is such wonderful advice!!! I really appreciate all of your help!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter