Help a DL newbie out! When to go and how long?

organized mommy

Mouseketeer
My family and I are currently traveling the country for at least a year. We had plans to be in Anaheim for 1-2 weeks in late Nov/early Dec 2015. But, since we have the chance to change things up, we might as well! So, we are trying to figure out when the best time to visit would be. We think we can make it there by mid Oct if need be, or have considered mid Dec. And we also have the option to stay as long as we like. So, what are your opinions? We are WDW experts and have been numerous times and even sprung for AP this year, before making the leap to travel (Left there in July and headed back in Feb) We have been to WDW twice during Christmas, and once over Halloween, but never to the Halloween party. But definately have done MVMCP 2 times. We will not be staying on property but are looking to stay at the Anaheim Resort RV Park. Also, if there are any other sites or FB pages I should be looking at I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for info in advance!

While I love Halloween Time at Disneyland, I would stick with early or mid-December to get more bang for your buck. The holiday season is more fully developed and all-encompassing than Halloween Time is, even including the Halloween Party.

However, if you love Halloween as a holiday more than, for example, Christmas, you might want to stick with an October trip.

I would say at least 4 days in the parks. Two days in each park. That's how I've done it at WDW the last 4 trips. It keeps me from wanting to go back as soon as I'm on the plane. If you add a 5th day, you'll be able to repeat a lot of things and do some park hopping.

As for dates, Halloween I've never done. But Christmas is done up really nice, plus you get fireworks each night, not just weekends. So early or mid December would be great.

I would do 4-5 days and get park hoppers. It is not like WDW where you have to take a bus/monorail to hop - this blew our minds first time we went to DLR! Can't really tell you which month is best since we go in Oct (love the weather and crowds are manageable). We did 4 days and went to the Halloween party on our 5th day, this Oct we will just do 5 park days (the party got very expensive this year).

We did 4 days in early December this past year and had a great time. I wish we had done 5 because we didn't get to do everything (traveling with a toddler). Get park hoppers. We walked back and forth a few times a day. Stay within walking distance (or on site, of course). Decorations are lovely as is some of the holiday food/treats. If you do 5 days, make sure that at least 1 day is a weekend so you can see Fantasmic

If you decide to do Dec., then I would definitely get 5 day park hoppers. There is so much atmosphere at DLR during Holiday Time, and not just in the parks. The hotels are decorated, Santa visits the DLH and GCH (not sure about PPH), there are Victorian carolers, etc. Your family might enjoy the Holiday tour in DL (not absolutely sure that will be offered this year, but keep checking). And 5 days allows for a much more relaxed pace, especially with crowds.

If you decide to do Dec., then I would definitely get 5 day park hoppers. There is so much atmosphere at DLR during Holiday Time, and not just in the parks. The hotels are decorated, Santa visits the DLH and GCH (not sure about PPH), there are Victorian carolers, etc. Your family might enjoy the Holiday tour in DL (not absolutely sure that will be offered this year, but keep checking). And 5 days allows for a much more relaxed pace, especially with crowds.

Santa and the carolers are the PPH too! And last year Santa was even in DTD (at one of the restaurants)!

A Christmas Fantasy Parade is happening this year, so I think the Holiday Tour is a safe bet.

Whenever our plans line up such that we can do early/mid December (i.e. before the 15th) that is my favourite. DLR is in full holiday swing but not too crowded. i would get 5 day park hoppers and go then. Have fun!

My family and I are currently traveling the country for at least a year. We had plans to be in Anaheim for 1-2 weeks in late Nov/early Dec 2015. But, since we have the chance to change things up, we might as well! So, we are trying to figure out when the best time to visit would be. We think we can make it there by mid Oct if need be, or have considered mid Dec. And we also have the option to stay as long as we like. So, what are your opinions? We are WDW experts and have been numerous times and even sprung for AP this year, before making the leap to travel (Left there in July and headed back in Feb) We have been to WDW twice during Christmas, and once over Halloween, but never to the Halloween party. But definately have done MVMCP 2 times. We will not be staying on property but are looking to stay at the Anaheim Resort RV Park. Also, if there are any other sites or FB pages I should be looking at I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for info in advance!

I forgot to add to my post last night --

You asked for other sites or Facebook pages. Well, these are not different websites or Facebook pages, but if you just want to learn more about what Disneyland Resort has to offer for ether the holiday season or Halloween Time (to help make the choice a little easier), join us in the Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread - http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...ek-countdown-2015-begins-august-10th.3358217/ (the first page has a lot of posts with info, but we are still waiting on new info for 2015), and/or the Halloween Time at DLR Superthread - http://www.disboards.com/threads/halloweentime-at-dlr-superthread-4-2015-info-is-finally-in.3270919/.

For website, I like wdwinfo. I also really liked the disneyland book put out by the touring plans people. Lots of good info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter