Help! 9yr DS stuck in first scene of video game

jenelise

Earning My Ears
Hi. My 9 yo old son is usually very good at all video games but this one has him stumped in the very first "room." He is very upset by this and thinks it is faulty and wants to return it. The game is Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories and is a PS2 game. Do any of you (or your children?) have this game and can tell us how to get past the first step? Thanks!

Have you googled " Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories game cheats" ? It looks as if there are cheats to help you with the game ??? I just can't remember how to post a link.

Thanks Terri,

Yes, I did try that but all of the sites that I found wanted $10 to look for the cheats and after shelling out $30 for the game I don't feel like throwing good money after bad if they weren't helpful. My teenage daughter has already tried calling her friends but none of them have it. We may have to bring it into Gamestop and see if they can load it up and try to figure it out.

Oh sorry about that. Yeah if I were you I would call game stop those kids play games all day long and know the ends and outs of everything.

Thanks so much nepthyss43 and terri - I just went to that site and while it is all jibberish to me I'm sure my son will figure it out. You guys are the best!

Does your son still need help? My son is a Kingdom Hearts Fanatic -He isn't home right now but I can ask him for advice and post it later this evening after he gets home if your DS still needs help:)

You probably tried this already but did you have him turn off the game for a day, do something else for a while to clear his head, play outside or whatever and then try again tomorrow? I have an almost 10 year old too, and he gets frustrated a lot with the games. I always tell him it's time to turn them off when he gets like that..go do something else for a while. When he gets back to it he can usually beat whatever that aggravation was.

gamefaqs.com is the best for guides.

:headache: Uh, well actually, despite the really great guides, we still haven't gotten anywhere. It's probably because the first move is probably so basin and obvious that the guides don't even bother addressing it. I really have no patience for these games - haven't played a computer game since the very first Leisure Suit Larry came out around 25 years ago and we had to type out all of the commands.

:headache: Uh, well actually, despite the really great guides, we still haven't gotten anywhere. It's probably because the first move is probably so basin and obvious that the guides don't even bother addressing it. I really have no patience for these games - haven't played a computer game since the very first Leisure Suit Larry came out around 25 years ago and we had to type out all of the commands.

I remember Leisure Suit Larry, Wolfstein, and Lemmings on the computer.:lmao:

I am an RPGer however I have not played this game on the PS2. My 18yodd has the PS2 in her room and I have the Wii.

Has he played RPG games before?

He is the first thing you do. Has he done these steps or is his past this?

As soon as you enter, you'll have to go through an annoyingly long
tutorial about the battle system, then you'll be taught about room synthing.
The first room I had to synth each time going through was Moment's Reprieve.
This is probably to teach you about saving - which it does right away.

In the Beginning's room, you'll have to go through yet another tutorial,
this one about card values, and stocking for combo attacks and sleights.
You will however be rewarded this time, with the Simba card.
When you're done, go back and make sure the rooms you've synthed so far
are clear of any enemies, then make your way to the Guidance room, then
Truth room. I'd recommend leveling around five times before moving on.
Then prepare for your first boss fight...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/954016/56093

Thanks Mystery Machine :yay: DS is taking abreak from the PS2 this morning (as ajk912 wisely suggested) but I.m printing out your post and will have DH go through it with him after lunch. Keep your fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter