Hello

Goffydad

Earning My Ears
Hi i am a Dh i am so into disney my wife got me hooked..

i was wondering what is the best deluxe resort to stay at with my two girls ages 7 3..

thanks for any help

Depends on what you favorite park is. :) If you are going to spend most of your time in the Magic Kingdom, the Contemporary, Polynesian, and grand Floridian are great choices. If you are going to spend most of your time at Epcot, Boardwalk or the Yacht and Beach Club would be best. Give us a little more info about your family and what they like best and we will point you in the right direction. :)

we stayed at the poly before it was amazing .. Just want to try something different this next trip we will be staying 2 weeks we love to spend time at the resort also

Welcome to the Dis!
If they are pool lovers, Beach Club has the best pool on property. It's walking distance from Epcot and DHS.
If you will be spending lots of time at MK and/or Epcot, I'd suggest Poly or Contemporary. They are monorail resorts which will make getting to and from these parks a breeze. Poly has the 'Ohana character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch and friends and Contemporary has Chef Mickey's character buffet with the fab 5.

With two little girls, I would think the Grand Floridian would be great. There are things to do there that are geared for little girls. Alice in Wonderland Tea Party, My Perfectly Princess Tea Party, 1900 Park Fare Dinner with Cinderella and Prince, etc. You'd be right there. It's a great resort to "hang-out";very elegant, and for the wife: THE SPA!!!

I vote for BC! Kids love the pool.... Adults love the pool! It's just a quick walk to Epcot and a boat ride to the Studios. The also have a nice character breakfast there that I've heard great things about! Not to mention the Ice Cream Parlor right by the main pool! Yummy!

Being a DVC member I've stayed at BWV, BCV, OKW, Port Orleans, and AKV (Nov), and so far, BC is my absolute favorite!

I love the the Beach Club & Yacht Club. The decor is nice & bright, the pool is fantastic with a small lazy river & a large water slide. It has a great childrens pool. They have a character breakfast in the beach club which is great for the children (of every age ;)). You can walk to Epcot, take a boat to HS, & Bus to MK & AK.

Are either of your daughters animal lovers? My favorite resort is Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can get Savannah view and see giraffes, zebras, ostriches, gazelles and other African wild life right from the room. The biggest downside is that this resort is the most distant from Magic Kingdom and EPCOT although it is the closest deluxe to Animal Kingdom.

Also, if you are using Disney Transportation instead of having your own car, you are dependent on Disney busses. I like them myself (anything beats driving on vacation for me) but others find them inconvenient. They are dedicated to the Animal Kingdom's two resorts (Lodge and Kidani Villages) but transit time, especially at busy times, can take awhile.

If you are concentrating on the Magic Kingdom, I would say either the Polynesian or Grand Floridian which will give you access to the monorail and boats to reach the Magic Kingdom. If you have ever visited Hawaii (Oahu), you will find that the Polynesian has the style and flavor of the Hawaiian Village in Waikiki. Grand Floridian is a beautiful hotel with a turn-of-the-last century feel to it.

Another charmer is Wilderness Lodge. It evokes the National Parks rustic feel and, while not on the monorail, still provides efficient access to the Magic Kingdom (via bus or boat).

If you think EPCOT and Disney Hollywood Studios will be your preferred parks, you have five hotels from which to choose: Beach Club, Boardwalk, Yacht Club and the Swan and Dolphin. The Swan and Dolphin are not Disney owned/operated but they are part of the EPCOT resort area and offer a few perks that other non-Disney hotels provide (primarily location and use of Disney transportation). They also seem to have a variety of discounts that Disney does not have (although Disney has discounts they don't) so it is best to check out each to see which suits your family's needs best.

Happy planning!

My parents took me to the Poly yearly when I was growing up. I have so many fond memories there. I'm 32 now and take my boys there and delight in watching them do all the things I did when I was their age. The Poly is more than my favorite resort. It's my family resort. If I were you, and planning to stay 2 weeks in WDW, I would do a week at a new deluxe and a week at the Poly since you had such a good experience there. As far as which one, in this case, since you would already have a week at a MK resort, I would do either an Epcot resort or AKL. My suggestion is AKL or BC. BC for the pool and convienence and AKL for the layout and theming as well as the AWESOME food at Jiko, Boma and Sanna. My boys Love the breakfast buffet at Boma.

Have a magical trip whatever you choose:goodvibes

My vote is the Contemporary! :thumbsup2

I love how the monorail goes through the hotel,
you can walk to MK in 5 minutes.
Being able to see into Chef Mickeys from the tower rooms is cool too! :)
being on the monorail has its advantages too.
seeing the fireworks from your room if you have a Theme park view.
Chef mickeys, the wave....
I could go on and on. :)

If they are into the princesses and all the girl stuff then I agree they might like the GF. I always wanted to stay there myself. I love the poly. WL isn't for me, get enough pine trees at home. Personely I like the DVC resorts. My favorite is OKW. No it isn't right next to any of the parks but the bus service it good. You can take the boat to DTD and from there to another resort or Epcot. My DD just loves the sandcastle slide and the pastels of the buildings. I like the relaxing feeling. BLT is nice, you are right next to the magic kindom. My older sons don't even want to try BWV because they say the clown is just downright freaky but if yours girls don't care it is fun. BC has SAB. AKV would be nice but IMHO the rooms are to dark. To me SSR is to much like home. I am on vacation. Don't want to feel like I am just a couple hours drive away. Look at the pictures of some of the resorts and find out what apeals to you. Or show them to your girls and let them give you some input. I would tell them they are not making the decision just giving an opinion. Otherwise you are asking for trouble if they are like mine. They will say the opposite of each other just to drive the otherone crazy. Good luck. :tinker:

this thread just goes to show that you really can't go wrong with were you decide to stay. there's something magical at all of the resorts!

Hi Goffy! Our first trip in 2000 my girls were 9 & 6 and we stayed at the Polynesian.
We fell in love right away. :goodvibes We've done split stays and tried some other deluxes but always went home to the Polynesian.:goodvibes

With your favorite parks MK and Epcot having both monorails is great!
Plus the rooms are bigger which always was nice. :thumbsup2

we stayed at the poly before it was amazing .. Just want to try something different this next trip we will be staying 2 weeks we love to spend time at the resort also

Split stay between the WL and Boardwalk so that you try new places. :thumbsup2

With the length of your stay and your love of Magic Kingdom and Epcot, I would totally stay at the Grand Floridian for the first half of your trip and the Beach Club for the second half. Both hotels are fantastic with a lot going on and close proximity to your 2 favorite parks. Good luck planning!:goodvibes

With the length of your stay and your love of Magic Kingdom and Epcot, I would totally stay at the Grand Floridian for the first half of your trip and the Beach Club for the second half. Both hotels are fantastic with a lot going on and close proximity to your 2 favorite parks. Good luck planning!:goodvibes

Being that you tried the Poly, that would be my choice also. :thumbsup2

I'm sure your girls would love GF and the BC is great with the pool and Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter