Hello!! Our first Dis trip EVER this October!

McGreezy

Have the courage to touch the butt.
:stitch:I couldn't be more excited. Family of 4 - Myself, hubby, and 2 kids - 14 and 8, will be heading to Disney the last week in October of this year. We are staying at POR, and I can hardly contain myself! It will be a surprise for the kids, which we plan to reveal on the morning we leave. I'm so desperate to keep this a secret the only people I have told are my co-workers and my husband! It's terrible trying to contain myself, haha.

I don't know what I would do without all the forums and planning help to keep me occupied. :rolleyes1

Is anyone else going the week of the 25th of October?? If so where are you staying??

Hi...
I have a surprise trip planned for my 3 children in October too. Though it is not our 1st Disney World trip, as we go annually, this will be our 1st Halloween at Disney World. I am SO excited and can hardly wait. We arrive on the 29th. Are you going to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? I just bought our tickets for 10/31. WDW is such a magical place, I hope your family has a sensational vacation!!!

welcome to Disboard forum
g.png
Thank you!!! This place is awesomesaucepopcorn::

Hi...
I have a surprise trip planned for my 3 children in October too. Though it is not our 1st Disney World trip, as we go annually, this will be our 1st Halloween at Disney World. I am SO excited and can hardly wait. We arrive on the 29th. Are you going to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? I just bought our tickets for 10/31. WDW is such a magical place, I hope your family has a sensational vacation!!!

Well, I have been back and forth on that, and where we have such a short time and this is our first visit ANNNNNNNND we are on a pretty tight budget, we are most likely going to skip it this year. We have 4 days of tickets to Disney and one at Universal. Staying at POR!

How are you planning on surprising your kids?? We decided because we leave on a Sunday we are going to tell them we have to get up really early to drive into Providence (we fly out of TF Green) and go to a big (yet boring/tedious) event of some kind. Then we will pull over at the McDonalds about a mile off from the airport and give them the two bags we have packed with awesome stuff like plane snacks, headphones, tshirts, stuffed mickeys, etc and all that.

So yah...I've been planning a bit. HAHAHA.

We normally go in October, but we are trying mid-September this go around. We are staying at POR as well. I love it there! Have a blast!!

Is anyone else going the week of the 25th of October?? If so where are you staying??
I am! We're staying 10/25-10/30 at AKV, and 10/30-11/1 at POR.

Then we will pull over at the McDonalds about a mile off from the airport and give them the two bags we have packed with awesome stuff like plane snacks, headphones, tshirts, stuffed mickeys, etc and all that.
Aww that's incredibly cute/sweet. Your kids are going to be SO HAPPY when they find out!! Hope your family as an amazing vacation :flower:

Yay for your first WDW trip! Be careful it is addicting!
We have stayed at POR twice. We really liked our stays there...but my goal is to stay at all the resorts! Haha!

Don't forget to walk over or take a boat to POFQ and try the beignets! Super yummy!

Also, catch some of Bob Jackson's show at POR. He is super fun. I think he is there on Wednesday nights!

Planning can be so much fun!

Yay for your first WDW trip! Be careful it is addicting!
We have stayed at POR twice. We really liked our stays there...but my goal is to stay at all the resorts! Haha!

Don't forget to walk over or take a boat to POFQ and try the beignets! Super yummy!

Also, catch some of Bob Jackson's show at POR. He is super fun. I think he is there on Wednesday nights!

Planning can be so much fun!

Can't WAIT for the beignets. OMG. Princess and the Frog is one of my top Disney movies. We will be doing Universal Wednesday but will definitely be back at the resort in time for Bob's show. Thanks for the tips!!

I am! We're staying 10/25-10/30 at AKV, and 10/30-11/1 at POR.

Aww that's incredibly cute/sweet. Your kids are going to be SO HAPPY when they find out!! Hope your family as an amazing vacation :flower:

OOOOH AKV. That's like my dream place to stay. Hopefully next time! Maybe we'll see you there, haha! Thanks and you have a wonderful time too!

Welcome! We are a jolly lot in here! It's such fun to have something so spectacular to look forward to. You know...once u go....u will have to go again! It is one of the most Magical Vacations u will ever experience. October is a great time to go! Can not wait for my trip. This is my third time going and plan on going more often now that I'm retired. You are never too old to experience Magic! I'm excited for u!

Welcome! We are a jolly lot in here! It's such fun to have something so spectacular to look forward to. You know...once u go....u will have to go again! It is one of the most Magical Vacations u will ever experience. October is a great time to go! Can not wait for my trip. This is my third time going and plan on going more often now that I'm retired. You are never too old to experience Magic! I'm excited for u![/QUOTE

Thank you!! I've heard I'm going to want to go back again and again. It's just such an expense!! This will have to be it for at least a few years. I went back when I was 7...that was in 1987. I'm assuming much has changed since then. I think Epcot just had gotten built?

You are indeed going to want to keep going back!! I just went in March and now I can't stop obsessing about when and how I can get back there!! Enjoy the planning and I look forward to hearing about it!

We are going in October as well, a little earlier than you are! We can't wait...

What are you looking forward to the most?

:stitch:I couldn't be more excited. Family of 4 - Myself, hubby, and 2 kids - 14 and 8, will be heading to Disney the last week in October of this year. We are staying at POR, and I can hardly contain myself! It will be a surprise for the kids, which we plan to reveal on the morning we leave. I'm so desperate to keep this a secret the only people I have told are my co-workers and my husband! It's terrible trying to contain myself, haha.

I don't know what I would do without all the forums and planning help to keep me occupied. :rolleyes1

I went for the first time ever in my life in 2013 and my family and I are hooked. We went again in 2014, going in Sept 2015 and already planning the 2016 trip. As you can tell I got hooked after the first trip! It truly is a magical place!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter